My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

31 May 2009

Trees, Shrubs, and Flowers! Oh My!

I have spent from sun up to sun down in the yard working. I detest yard work. It could be because I am dreadful at it, lack an eye for colour and/or am allergic to all things green. Most likely a combination of all three. We purchased a Norwegian Maple (Silver Tip) and a Buckeye Tree. I will post photos later, we need to use every bit of daylight and I honestly will be amazed if we finish everything today.

Hopefully I will have photos tonight to post and come Monday morning I will be able to stay inside and visit all of my bloggy friends! Right now my very generous neighbours are waiting to help us make our yard more appealing. Apparently I am having a red and white flower theme in my front yard. My neighbour loves landscaping and I do not, so I just follow orders. I will post when I can!

9 comments:

Naomi said...

That makes me feel so much better! I am hopeless with plants, especially those outdoors.

Bob is out of town for another week and he's left me in charge of watering his prized vegetable garden and our flowerbeds. Last night I apparently didn't turn the hose off completely after watering the front beds and they are drenched. Oops. I hope I don't kill everything before he comes home...

mannequin said...

Hang in there girl! Thankfully, big projects like this only happen seasonally, right? How fortunate you are to have such non-snob neighbors.


I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anissa said...

Can't wait to see the pictures --- Beautiful colors the red and white.
Can't wait to get my own yard so I can do that. Have fun! TFS

Eighty MPH Mom said...

What a pain! Hopefully you will be finished with it today. I cannot wait to see the pics! Don't forget your sunscreen please!

Mighty M said...

Can't wait to see the results - that's the best part (I hate yard work too!).

From A Creative Heart said...

Have fun with this!!! It is so great that you have neighbors that love this kind of thing....think they would want to move here for a bit???? LOL
Talk to you tomorrow!!!
(I get the wonderful haircut and highlights Monday...YEAH!!!)
Hugs,
Debbie

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

That is great your neighbors are helping you! We have been working in our yard a lot. I am hoping once everything grows in, it will look like I envision it to.

NateAndJakesMom said...

Heard you were feeling poorly and hoping you are doing better! Love and hugs to you!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Red and white sounds very nice together! I'm glad your neighbors are so helpful...

Hope you are feeling better.