My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

18 May 2009

Uncaffeinated Thoughts On A Monday Morning

It is a beautiful sunny morning and I am, as usual, waiting for my coffee to steep.

First, before I forget, there is a lovely contest at Mrs. Cox's Slice of Heaven for Bodum's newest French Press, the Bodum Bean. Seeing how Bodum helps me wake up and celebrate the evening, I really would like to win their newest French Press. Without coffee, it is not a pretty sight, and I adore Bodum. I have been a faithful Bodum customer for well over a decade.

I am stunned and amased at the amount we accomplished yesterday. My oldest hates working outside (really I cannot blame him, so he worked on cleaning inside while the rest worked on making our yard and patio ready for the season (presentable). I must say it looks rather lovely (and I fancy the neighbours are happier as well) The guys weeded and raked, cleaned off the patio and the patio furniture, staked Peonies and Clematis, remade new borders around beds, cleaned out bird feeders, and when all that was finished, the oldest went out to mow the lawn. While he was mowing, DH and twin 2 went off to buy several flats of flowers which they proceeded to make into lovely hanging baskets and pots. By the evening, our yard was looking lovely! All in all, a day's worth of work and $60 later and we are set!

I finally tried my swimsuit on, it still fits. As of this moment, I have not decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe a bit of both?

Riddle me this dear readers. How is it possible to accumulate so much laundry over the weekend? During the week I do 3 loads a day. What was a clean laundry room (yes, I should have taken a photo) is now piled with laundry. How did this happen?

As I glanced up I noticed a book eagerly awaiting me to finish reading it so that I can submit my review of it. It appears my day will involve reading, writing and laundry. I do not mind the reading or the reading parts of the day. I am a tad bitter about the laundry that appeared after I retired last evening.

Sunday week is my Wedding Anniversary! I am rather excited! Yes, I still get excited over our Anniversary, even after all these years.

Finally, as I am about to take my first sip of coffee,how is it this school year went by so quickly? There are only 13 more days left!

Note to self: find time to change your signature.

15 comments:

Andrea Proulx said...

I am guessing the accumulation of laundry has to be tied in to the yard work. At least that is what I am guessing.

Eighty MPH Mom said...

Your thoughts are pretty lucid considering you haven't had coffee yet! I can barely put three words together and I've just started drinking coffee.
Your yard sounds lovely! What a wonderful feeling to get everything spruced up.

School did go by quickly - I do not understand it either!

Enjoy your cup of coffee!

The Pink Potpourri said...

thanks for sharing about the french press giveaway! and i hear ya on the laundry. happy anniversary...early!

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

I feel the same way... how can three boys accumulate so much laundry in 2 measly days???

Happy reading...

Laundry.. ugh... not so much but I hope you get it done!!!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I'm with speedy, I'm just now getting coffee into my system and I can barely process all those big words you used. ;)

Happy pre-anniversary to a wonderful couple!

And don't get me started on laundry. It only gets worse as she gets older right? *whimper*

Totally_Toni said...

Oh I feel you on the laundry. I have 6 loads waiting to be washed and another 6 that need to be put away. sigh

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

It sounds like your boys change clothes like a girl. ;) I ALWAYS had a pile of laundry for my mom while I was growing up. I used to change my clothes 2 or 3 times a day. (Now that I do the laundry, I don't change quite as often.)

mannequin said...

I know, I know, I know! I cannot for the life of me figure out how there can be fifteen pairs of underwear in accumulated two day laundry. I've questioned the heck out of them and no one seems to know anything...

So much work done over there, congrats. All I got done was to clean the loveseats and plant a few foxglove. Period.

Mighty M said...

We had a really productive day yesterday too - yard work, plant buying, cleaning, etc. I love days that are so productive - and a little fun too! You sure do a lot of laundry! I love having an empty laundry basket, but like you (but a little less so) it accumulates so fast you don't enjoy the emptiness for very long!!

Jenni Jiggety said...

I am VERY jealous that you are so close to the end of your school year! We don't get out until the end of June!

I hope you enjoyed your coffee...I caould use a cup right abou now, myself!

Anissa said...

I love my morning coffee! We finished our school year the end of April and we will start back up in July. It rained here all day yesterday. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. TFS

Tami said...

ugh! I feel your pain over the laundry! I admit, I HATE IT.

I too love the garden, I wish I had more time outside and more money to spend on beautiful flowers. I'd have it all professionally done, if I could. heh heh, when I win the lotto!

Kelly said...

I would imagine some of that laundry is from your day of outside work. I don't mind doing laundry but it's the folding that I hate. I have two laundry hampers of my girls clean clothes that I've waited so long to fold that it's already time to wash another load of their clothes. It never ends.

Jennifer said...

Don't get me started on laundry. It's gotten to this point: I bought my husband two weeks worth of new underwear, so I could buy some time between loads!

Lazy much?

Kathleen W. said...

I want to see photos of the yard! I gussied up mine this weekend, and hopefully I'll get out there tomorrow to take some photos for Wordful Wednesday. We'll see, as it's been a hectic week (which is why I'm posting so late!)