My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

07 May 2009

What I Learned This Week


I have learned that even when your children are much older, they can still pass a wicked virus to the parent (the loving mom) and the teen recovers much, much faster then the aging mother.

I learned (well already knew) but reconfirmed, I am married to the best, most patient, and loving husband in the world.

I learned that no matter how old I get, when sick, I want someone to care for me and bring me soup, crackers and 7-Up.

I learned that happiness must come from within. I cannot stress this enough and I hope for all to learn this.

I learned that friendship is extremely precious and should never be taken for granted. One good friend is indeed a blessing.

I learned this past weekend that my little boys are no longer little, time continues to march on and no moment should be taken for granted.

I learned there are a lot of wonderful contests going on and wish I was able to enter them (I think there may still be some time?).

I learned I am not a FB person.

I learned laughter is indeed the best medicine (even when it hurts to breathe).

I learned that most of the time, it is the small things (often easy to overlook) that make a day so wonderful.


Play along any day of the week. Head over to Musings of A Housewife for the details and Mr. Linky.

12 comments:

Anissa said...

Beautifully said! I learned all that after my surgery last year at this time. I had a hysterectomy gone wrong!! Long Story! I was down for about 3 weeks in bed and the rest of the summer sucked. I hurt all summer -- could not walk good until about Aug. My husband took excellent care of me. My kids were always asking if I needed anything. I know I am so blessed to have the family that I have. Hope you are feeling better -- TFS.

Jennifer said...

LOL, I was just talking about how when I feel bad, I just want my mom to take care of me! :-) My hubby'll do in a jiff, but, mostly, I just want mom! ;-)

Mighty M said...

Impressive list - it's easy to get down when you're sick and forget all the good things that are happening all around you - but you didn't. Not too much at least. ;-)

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Awww, I know what you're talking about, Jen. When I'm really sick, Mike takes great care of me but I always call my mom with an "I don't feel good". She usually prays with me and then lets me go so Mike can take care of me. I don't do "sick" very well by myself.

MoodyMommy said...

Stopping by from SITS

Come win the COOLEST movie software ever!!! http://www.confessionsofamoodymommy.com/2009/05/you-gotta-try-this-muvee-reveal.html

Kathleen W. said...

I couldn't agree more with everything you said, even not being a Facebook person!

I hope the 7-up is making you feel better.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I don't do sick well. But Mat does sick worse. I truly hope you feel better soon!! And I'm glad that Steve is taking good care of you.

Friendships are quite precious, that is true. I'm truly grateful to be in the presence of such wonderful women.

Hugs!

April said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Sandier Pastures said...

How sweet that even after so many years of marriage you can still say nice things to about your husband!;-)

If FB means Facebook, then we're on the same boat. I don't do facebook too.

I like this meme!

Eighty MPH Mom said...

You have learned some wonderful things this week! I think it's nice to be reminded how much we love our spouses from time to time. Friendships are so important, and you are right - happiness come from within.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and not your germs. LOL

Feel better soon!

The Muse said...

Wisdom....
Does it really come with age?
:) :)

OR

Beauty?
LOL
xo

mannequin said...

heh. That's funny. I just posted about how I am not a FB person. And I really have to force myself to Twitter.

But oh my. You are the opposite of myself, I cannot stand for anyone to be near me when I'm ill. I would prefer for the food and meds to be administered through the dumb waiter.