My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

14 May 2009

What I Learned This Week


What have I learned this past week? Ha! It should not be this difficult should it?

I learned that I really should not have put off listing every book immediately after completing it. I have at least 25 books to enter.

I learned (rather confirmed) that I am indeed a procrastinator.

I learned I can get so caught up in a novel, I can lose an entire day.

I learned that even though I thought it was an awesome opportunity to help others, my twinks do not want to go on a trip to the Appalachians this summer, without me. It was a beautiful moment, to learn my twinks still want their mum.

I learned that moments where teens admit to not wanting to be away from their mum is extremely rare and I should savour the moment of tenderness, but never bring it up again, as it makes the aforementioned teens surly.

I learned that my photographs (yes photographs not digital photos) are a disaster. Decades of photos tossed into boxes in absolutely no order and guess who did not write names or dates on the backs of the photos? That would be moi.

I learned that I really need to try one of those chocolate dipped giant fortune cookies (thanks Speedy)!

I learned that asking others what I learned this week resulted only in talk of food. Could it be me?

Play along any day of the week. Head over to Musings of A Housewife for the details and Mr. Linky.

11 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL You did it!! Good job :) And how sweet that your boys want to stay here with you.

Eighty MPH Mom said...

That is a super list! See? You did learn a lot. I know what you mean about the teens - you cannot mention it again - or the tender moment will be lost forever. Sad but true!

And by the way, food talk is what we do best right?

Tami said...

I love this! You did an awesome job. And how blessed you are to have such lovely kiddos! Goes to show you YOUR AN AWESOME MUM! I miss that word. My gran'ma used to say it often, and people here would say.. whats mum? Mummy, you know. They'd look lost. heh heh. It's then I'd pipe in and say mom, mother, mommy?! Ooooooh... gran'ma would roll her eyes and say ..Tamerina, do I not speak English?
You do gran'ma, they just don't understand the thick highland accent. LOL. Och, it's no true luv. I have no accent.. Tis them that has the accent.

THANK YOU Jennifer for sharing your awesome post.. and bringing a lovely memory back.

Anissa said...

Love that you have a wonderful relationship with your boys. I love reading you blog because you seem so much like me. TFS

scrappysue said...

i have a friend who loses herself in books too! some great lessons there - thanks for stopping by!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh I do not envy you sorting through those pictures!!!

So cute about your teens. It's nice to know that the teenage years aren't all bad. ;-)

mannequin said...

Food, books and kids. The finer things in life.

I think you learned a whole bunch this week and I'm imagining that those around you learned from you.

Mighty M said...

I've learned a few of those things myself. Good luck organizing those photo's! I need to do that too!!

April said...

Oh girl..........I'm about 8 years behind on organizing the photos! I have always fussed at my mother for not putting her photos in an album, but after the 2nd baby I just couldn't do it anymore! (Sorry #2 and #3)

Kathleen W. said...

Talk of food? Procrastination? Are you sure you're not writing about my week?

Jennifer said...

Ugh, I feel your photo pain. I'm in the same boat. And so is my mom. 30+ years of unorganized pictures, sitting in plastic bins. I'm feeling nautious.