My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

28 May 2009

What I Learned This Week



I learned that one can receive second degree burns on top of an already existing tan. Who knew? Alright, so everyone knew, but me. From now on I shall be wearing sunscreen!

I learned (rather confirmed) that my husband is indeed quite hard of hearing. He denies it and refuses to be seen. Then again, he misses half of what people say to him, maybe he is happier not hearing everything?

I learned that no matter how hard I tried, I could not save my beautiful, mature Ash and Maple trees. They were severely damaged from plumbing work years back and then became ill. I clung on to hope that they would recover. I have accepted their fate and will be planting new trees.

I learned that Ginkgo Trees are amongst the oldest tree and that I definitely want male trees, not the female trees. How will I tell them apart? I have no idea.

I learned that trees and shrubs (as I need to buy both) can vary in price by $100 (for the same size plant), depending on which store is selling them! I know, crazy! Interestingly enough, the more expensive place is less knowledgeable.

I learned that once a tree falls on your power line and the power company is summoned out to restore power they will inspect the mast on the house, which is usually damaged, and they will issue a caution. This results in the need to contact an electrician to get a quote to repair it, which must then be given over to the neighbour's to pay. I have not learned what this outcome will be, yet.

I learned that my teens only have four school days left! I thought school just began (or it seems as though it did). How did all those months fly by so quickly?

I learned that despite my best efforts to be organised, things come up out of my control, rendering me further behind then I thought possible. I am still trying to figure out how I can be more busy now, with fairly self-sufficient teens then I was when they were younger. If I learn the answer, I shall share.

Play along any day of the week. Head over to Musings of A Housewife for the details and Mr. Linky.

7 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh my word - I did that once. Burned myself to a crisp after a summer of sitting on the beach. I was a college student. Awful! Hope you feel better soon.

Andrea Proulx said...

Now I am so curious. What is the difference between a male and female tree? Do they have different anatomy?

Eighty MPH Mom said...

Oooh, please do share if you figure that out! I am more disorganized than when my kids were little - how does that happen

Okay question - why do you want a male tree? And silly girl, you can tell them apart by a certain strategically placed branch.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL @ Speedy - naughty.

Anyway, the cool thing about these what I learned this week posts is that I usually end up learning something from them as well ;)

Happy Thursday Jennifer :)

Brittany said...

I just learned from you, you can burn on top of tan. Now I'm worried.

Mighty M said...

Oh no! I thought I would be less busy when the kids get older - not MORE!! Good luck searching out your masculine tree! I had no idea they had "sexes"!!

Amy said...

I never knew that trees could be male or female...odd!

I hope you recover quickly from your sunburn!