My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

04 June 2009

The Giving of One's Time, Talent, and Kindness

Life gets busy and I for one, do not always take the time to enjoy the simpler things of life, such as working in the dirt. As I mentioned yesterday, I had purchased a lot of flowers and had them crammed in three planters. My neighbour came over and spent the day dividing them into my backyard and creating my front yard. He wanted to do a red and white theme throughout the front, but I had too many pinkish colours, so those had to be separated out (or so I was told). He trimmed back shrubs, planted, and plotted. The following pictures are still a work in progress, but a rather jolly good start! It is amasing what can be accomplished when we give of our time, our talent, our passion.

The corner is still a work is progress.


A closer look of the unfinished corner.


I finally have window boxes!


Part of the front, which I cannot wait to see grown!


The other window box. I am told the Wave Petunias will cascade over the boxes!


My hanging basket, lovingly created by my neighbour.


The area for my beloved pink flowers.


I eagerly await the next projects! My yard is still a canvas waiting for more colour and finishing strokes. I have learned so much already and summer has not even officially begun. Now to pay it forward.

11 comments:

Eighty MPH Mom said...

OOOH - it looks lovely! The wave petunias will be gorgeous when they fill in, and yes, they will flow over the sides. Make sure you take more pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful friend you have got!

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love your yard! It's lovely! I love the window boxes and all the flowers!

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! I love everything about it so far. You must be so pleased.

mannequin said...

eeeekk. It looks beautiful Jennifer and I am soooo happy that this year you've taken the time to enjoy your dirt. There is nothing like planting and tending a garden, is there? What a wonderful next door neighbor and friend you have and what lovely gifts he shares.

I love where your little pink flowers live.

Mighty M said...

It is looking beautiful! I am loving the choice of red and white!!

Anissa said...

It looks great! Love the flower boxes. TFS

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

It looks beautiful so far Knitty!! You're so lucky to have great, helpful neighbors :)

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Sooooo lovely!!!

Oh... HOw I missed being able to read you!!!!

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

Can your neighbor stop by my house? How wonderful and everything looks so nice and fresh! wave petunia do cascade over, I've had them in hanging pots on my deck. Have a lovely weekend :).

Kathleen W. said...

Just beautiful! And those petunias will definitely cascade and look gorgeous. Get some Miracle Gro and use it a little when watering.

Rae Ann said...

Love, love, love the window boxes!