My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

29 June 2009

Hot Weather Makes Me Knit

It is most definitely summer, which means copious amounts of knitting for me. This is a very good things as my knitting queue is exceedingly long. The warmer it gets, the more I desire to knit.

My current project is the Lily Cardigan by Marie Grace Design clearly, I am not very far, but it is indeed a start.


I realise the details cannot be seen yet, but soon.


I am hoping to begin my newest project shortly. The yarn and pattern arrived today. The pattern is by Knitting Pure and Simple, called Summer Open Cardigan. The yarn I shall be using is Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Dyed Cotton, in Raspberry.


A Closer view


The Open Cardigan should take less than 48 hours, once I begin, so I am itching to give it a go. First I need to knit a wee bit faster on the Lily Cardigan. I should have more detailed photographs of the Lily Cardigan soon.

15 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Lovely! I cannot wait to see what your finished work looks like!!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Lovely! I cannot wait to see what your finished work looks like!!

Shannon said...

I bet it will be beautiful!!

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

I cannot wait to see the progress on these. I am always fascinated by these, I guess because I do not know how to knit. Keep us posted! P.S. I love the colors!

mannequin said...

I couldn't get the link on the first one to work, but I am sure it is gorgeous. The open cardigan is lovely as well, your color choices are nice. I like the one you've chosen for the Lily Cardigan.

Funny that summer makes you want to knit. I would think that would be a winter inspiration. Of course, if you start now, by winter you and everyone else will be adorned.

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

I know exactly how you feel... I itch to crochet all summer long... My hubby laughs and ponders why I am so crazy when I pull a huge afghan over me on a hot summer night to finish it up...

Why do we do this?

Lovely patterns... they will be beautiful... I should send you all the hundres of knitting needles I bought when I thought I could learn to knit... I couldn't... want them?

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Oh! Have you read

THE FRIDAY NIGHT KNITTING CLUB...
BY Kate Jacobs??? If not... read it... it'll make you laugh, cry, and picture a knitting heaven.

Naomi said...

I love the colors!

Sandy said...

I am soooo jealous of people who knit! As a new mom to a 4-month old little guy, I love your blog.

MoziEsmé said...

I'd never associate warm weather with knitting! Those are pretty colors, though...

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love the color!

Leane said...

I'm impressed with your abilities! Knitting still seems to elude me. Those colors are great.

Elftea said...

For you
http://www.elftea.com/2009/06/namine-at-clutter-box-has-given-me-this.html

Six Feet Under Blog said...

I envy you that you know how to do that. I dont have the patience.

Kathleen W. said...

It's weird, that I often get the urge to knit in summer. I think it's just relaxing and a nice way to pass the time, especially at the pool. At least it used to be before I had a baby.