My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 June 2009

In Memoriam


John Daily
1949-2009

John passed away on June 9, 2009, and is sorely missed, but lives on in our hearts and memories. His Memorial is this evening and I imagine there will be an outpouring of love and support for Deb and Zachary as well as fond memories of John.

John loved life, he loved his family, and he loved people. We traveled down to visit and John took all the boys and DH fishing. I think Deb and I were out spending the day shopping and just being girls. We arrived home to discover that the guys thought it would be great fun to surprise Deb by adding a certain something to her new pond.



John was happy around others and oh did he like to spoil my boys! I mentioned in previous posts, they truly believed he was their Uncle. They loved him so very, very much and will never forget their times with him. He was able to come up here for a visit and in John fashion, spoiled my boys with a lot of gifts and sweets. One thing he brought up was a birdhouse. The boys built the birdhouse immediately and then not one bird would enter it. The night before I received the news John was hospitalised, wrens began to show an interest and started moving in. I believe he knows and is happy.


This evening will be somber as we mourn the loss of John. We mourn for us and for his family. We mourn the fact that we will not hear his voice, his laughter, his wise cracks again during our earthly lifetime. Yet we know John is watching over all of us and we will meet him again. John will forever live in our hearts and our memories. We love and miss you John!

20 comments:

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

What a lovely tribute. :) It sounds like your family has many fond memories to keep John around for years and years.

I love that bird house.

mannequin said...

So very sad, the loss of someone so well loved.
Again, my prayers are for all of you that mourn the loss.

Tami said...

I'm so sorry for all of you. Such a tragic loss =(

Mighty M said...

What a nice tribute. My thoughts are with all of you on this difficult day.

Miranda @ Keeper of the Cheerios said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( Sounds like he was a great man and shared lots of awesome and fun memories with you guys.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Beautiful tribute...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGZ!))

Naomi said...

He was obviously well-loved and left his mark on everyone around him. He will be remembered, surely.

Kathleen W. said...

That is such a wonderful post, albeit a sad one. I hope you find the strength to get through the day. Hold on to each other tightly, Jennifer.

Mrs. {Erin} Cox said...

I don't think you could have written a better tribute to him.

Run DMT said...

I am so sorry for you loss. What a wonderful to cherish his memory.

HDMac said...

So sorry for your loss.

Grampy said...

A very nice tribute indeed. Just remember he has risen to a better place. You will always miss him, but remember those good times and it will put a smile on your face.
Thanks for visiting Grampys Place.

Jenni Jiggety said...

That was a beautiful tribute, Jennifer. I am so sorry for your loss.

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Ugh... so sad... I will keep his family and friends in my prayers...

So sorry for you loss...

From A Creative Heart said...

Thanks so much for doing the sweet tribute to John...you know how much he loved you guys!!!! And he would be so relieved to know that you all have taken such care of us.
Love you sweetie!!!!
Hugs to you,
Debbie

Tess said...

A nice tribute! Sorry for your loss!

Felicia said...

What a beautiful way to honor him. I will remember to keep all of his family and friends in my prayers.

Whimsical Creations said...

hugs!

JamericanSpice said...

My Condolences to the family. I pray they'll grieve well.

MamaJoss said...

Oh that is so sweet and so special -- I am so sorry to hear of your loss...makes my heart break (((hugs)))