My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 June 2009

My Friend's Husband

I would like to thank everyone who offered their prayers for my friend's husband. Sadly, John passed away Tuesday evening. He was surrounded by his family, which he loved dearly. I would like to ask my dear readers to please keep John's family in your prayers. I keep going through a series of emotions and it is not quite sinking in yet that I will not get to hear his voice again. I want to help my friend Deb and I do not know how. I imagine as time passes it will become clearer, but right now I wish I could hold her, let her know how very much she is loved. I would tell her all the times John bragged (and this is not a bad term, for he was very proud of his family!) about her and Zachary. John was a guy it was impossible not to love. He lived life fully and for his family. There is nothing he would not do for them. He was a loving devoted husband and father and he will be missed, yet never forgotten.

After I learned of John's passing I called my sons home and we sat, looking up at John's bird house (he bought the boys a bird house and we could not get any bird interested in moving in. I do not know why, but after all this time, we finally have a full bird house) and talked about John, the memories of John we carry within us. I recall the day when I had to inform my children that John was not their uncle. Somewhere, somehow throughout the years my children got the idea that the Uncle John they had been sending cards to was Deb's husband. Yes, John did have that large an impact on those he met.

Please continue to hold Deb and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

24 comments:

Jo said...

I'm so sorry to hear this - I will continue to pray for the family.

I'm sorry for your loss. What wonderful memories - cling to those during this initially terrible time. His memory will live on and bring a smile again soon.

mannequin said...

I'm so sorry Jennifer, for everyone that knew and loved him.
I will continue to keep his wife and family in thoughts and prayers.
Once again, we are reminded of the fragility of life and the strength of a kind soul.

LT said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of such a wonderful friend. We will keep his family as well as yours in our prayers.

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

(((HUGS))) to you, Knitty as well as to your family and Deb and her family.

I will continue to pray for you and Deb.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. (((hugs)))

Tami said...

Jennifer, I'm so terribly sorry for everyone's loss. We'll definitely keep you all in our prayers.

Kathleen W. said...

I am so very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what Deb and Zachary must be going through, and I will keep them in my thoughts. It sounds like John was a very special person that you will continue to remember fondly.

Mighty M said...

So sad to hear of his passing. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jessica said...

I'm visiting from SITS...

So sorry to hear of this lost! I pray that you find comfort and are able to comfort your friend as well.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I was incredibly sorry to hear about this yesterday, and immediately said a prayer for his family. I hope peace in this sorrowful time is found soon.

Simply Being Mommy said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this...

Tara said...

My heart goes out to you ..and your family.. Of course I will keep the family in prayer.. Life is so precious..

Erin @ Closing Time said...

So sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for Deb and Zachary, and for you and your family as well.

Jennifer R said...

I am so sorry...I know it has been so hard for you, and of course, John's family. I will keep them and you in my prayers. He sounds like a wonderful man, and one that will always be remembered kindly.

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I will will be preying for your family as well as his.

Chelsie said...

Stopping by from SITS

Sorry to hear about your loss. We will pray for you and your families

Naomi said...

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your friend's family.

Hyla said...

We are also suffering from a lose, though I younger lives are harder to lose. I am sorry for your loss. I dont know what to tell you only that not only is your friend suffering from the loss but she is most likely overwhelmed by all the decisiions she is having to make in the next couple of days. I never realized how much goes into planning a funeral.

Sincerely
Hyla

Becca said...

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear he passed. I was taking a class that just ended last night, and one of the things we learned was when you don't know what to do in a situation like this, just let the person know you are there for them. Stop by if you can, call if you can't stop by, and email if you can't call. People just like knowing you care :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

{hugs} thinking about you today.

Mommy of Many said...

so sorry to hear of your loss, I will keep your friend Deb and her family in my prayers.
I found you through sits.

Anissa said...

So sorry for your lost. I hate to hear that. Did they ever find out what happen? I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

The Muse said...

we will, we will indeed.

Whimsical Creations said...

I am so sorry for your loss! HUGS!