My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

06 June 2009

My Heart Is Heavy

SkYesterday I received the most wonderful birthday surprises from my SS friends and I had planned to blog all about their love and generosity. I will, but not yet, they know I received the gifts and they know I love each and every one of them! I know they will understand my decision to wait to blog about the gifts. Amy, Andrea, Christine, Erin, Jen, Sky, Liz, and Toni, I love you all. Thank you for always being there and for thinking of me. I will share the photos of the cupcakes and the See's Chocolate. I know you all understand why I am choosing not to at this time.

This morning, before I had time to blog, I received some devastating news.

My heart is so very heavy right now I can barely think. For those of you who have read my blog, I say over and over that life is short. It is. I see and read about people worrying about who likes who or who is doing what (mini dramas in the blogosphere) or those competing to look thin (there is a difference between wanting to be healthy and wanting to look like supermodels or actors on TV) and all I think is life is too short. Enjoy life. Live it to it's fullest! Do not put off doing something, you may not get another chance.

Right now as I type, my best friend's husband is lying in a hospital and they do not think he will ever regain consciousness. My heart is breaking. All I want is for him to wake up. For him to see his loving family. It is not looking very promising and I know doctors can be wrong and I am praying so hard right now that they are wrong. John is a fighter and I want so badly for him to pull through this. I feel helpless that I am not there to hold my friend. I feel angry that I did not think to phone last night and tell him the bird house he gave the boys is filled with wrens. I had planned to share that information today, but now it may be too late.

Please, please do not put off telling someone something, even if it is about a full birdhouse. Please pray (in whatever manner works for you) for my friend Debbie, her husband John, and their son Zach.

22 comments:

Eighty MPH Mom said...

Oh Jen, I am so, so sorry. It is such a helpless feeling. You are right, we should always say those "little things". I beat myself up every day, as there were so many things I wanted to tell my mom.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and John's family - I hope he can pull through this.

Hugs...we are here for you.

Anissa said...

I will pray for your friend and her husband. What happen was he in an accident.
Hugs to you all.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear this news! I will be praying for their family! (((HUGS)))

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

My prayers are with all of you. I can't imagine what you're feeling or thinking right now. Please just know that I'm thinking of you.
(((HUGS)))

LT said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends husband. We will for sure keep her and her family as well as you and yours, in our prayers!

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Oh jennifer...

I am sooo very sorry to hear this...

Doctors CAN be and ARE wrong so much!

Everyone needs to think positively and get that energy to John.

Dear God in Heaven... spare John and his family from this fear and circumstance...

My heart is with you..

Seeryus Mama said...

My heart is just breaking for you Knitty! You are so very right, life is short. I'm praying not only for John and his family, but for you.

mom2boys said...

My family will be praying for yours, and of course for your friend's family. Hang in there! :)

Lolli said...

How heartbreaking. I am so sorry--for you, and for your friend's family. I pray that he will shock doctors and fight his way back.

Mighty M said...

Praying for everyone, and feeling a little sad about this terrible news.

Kelly said...

Came over from SITS and my prayers are with you guys

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

My thoughts have been with you all morning. I truly hope that he pulls through this. I will continue to pray.

*hug*

Kathleen W. said...

What terrible news! I will certainly keep them in my thoughts tonight and pray that the situation turns around. You are so right, that life is so short. I think about that all the time.

Tami said...

I'm so sorry Jennifer to hear about your friends husband. We will defiantly keep you and them in our prayers. HuGZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Naomi said...

Oh, no~ I hope he recovers.

Tara said...

Aww I am so sorry.. How sad this is.. Life changes in an instant... Thanks for the reminder.. I will pray for your friend. Nothing is impossible for God.

Becca said...

I think doctors often give the worst case scenario so as not to give false hope. Just keep sending positive thoughts...I will be also :)

mannequin said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jennifer, thoughts and prayers are with you all.

My mother taught me when I was quite young, treat everyone as though it were the last time you would see them because it may very well be.

Hoping that today finds things looking better for everyone.

Whimsical Creations said...

Oh no! HUgs & thoughts are with you all.

Tim said...

Praying now Jenn and wont stop until we hear more news on his condition and know that he is better.

God be with his family.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

lykkefanten said...

My hearth and thoughts are with your friend and his family... and with you and your family!

Sarah said...

I am so sorry! I hope that he regains consciousness! Our prayers are with his family!