My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

21 June 2009

Quotable Sunday

Happy Father's Day!

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
~ Clarence Budington Kelland

"The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them."
~ Confucius

"A wise son maketh a glad father"
~ Proverbs 10:1

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
~ Henry Ward Beecher

"It is not flesh and blood but the heart, which makes us fathers and sons."
~ Johann Schiller

"Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name."
~William Wordsworth

"Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance."
~ Ruth E. Renkel

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

17 comments:

Erica said...

I have the Henry Beecher quote up this week, so true isnt it? :)

Martha in PA said...

My Quotable Sunday

Good quotes. My favorite
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
~ Henry Ward Beecher

I am Harriet said...

Hi Jennifer.
I really liked your quotes.
Happy fathers day to you and your family.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-sunburn.html

Sweet Serendipity said...

Wonderful choices! I especially like the last one.
Have a great day :D

kiddiescorner said...

I love the quotes I love..The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
~ Henry Ward Beecher Have a wonderful day!

Jaime said...

great quotes - especially that last one.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Excellent quote choices, Jennifer! :) My favorite is:

"It is not flesh and blood but the heart, which makes us fathers and sons."
~ Johann Schiller

Hope you're feeling better and that today is a great Father's Day! ;)

LT said...

They are all great Father quotes! I love "Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name."
Happy Sunday!

Tami said...

These are beautiful- My favorite is the last one. so very true

Tess said...

Those are such nice qoutes for Father's day!

AudreyO said...

These are great quotes. I think sometimes adults forget that children are watching the relationship between their mother and their father.

Golfersmom said...

My favorite is the last one. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Golfersmom said...

All of the quotes are great. My favorite one is the last one. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

These are wonderful...I think my favorite is:
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." This is definitely so important

Kekibird said...

Oh this one is my favorite: "It is not flesh and blood but the heart, which makes us fathers and sons."
~ Johann Schiller

Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen W. said...

I love these quotes, and I hope you had a wonderful day with the boys!

Sissy said...

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
~ Henry Ward Beecher

That's a great quote!