My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

28 June 2009

Quotable Sunday

Random Quotes this Sunday is my "theme" for this week's Quotable Sunday

"We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then leap in the dark to our success."
~ Henry David Thoreau

"The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas."
~ Linus Pauling

"Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
~ Isak Dinesen

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle."
~ George Orwell

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
~ T.S. Eliot

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
~ Marcel Proust

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
~ John Ruskin

And my favourite quote this week:

"We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it."
~ Abraham Lincoln

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni


15 comments:

Tami said...

I love the quote by Abraham Lincoln
Of course their ALL good, but his is by far the best!

I am Harriet said...

Your quotes make a lot of sense.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-stealing-stuff-and-quotes.html

Sweet Serendipity said...

Ohhh, some great ones! Love Lincoln, Proust and Thoreau
Thanks for sharing them :D

http://eclecticschooling.blogspot.com

Martha in PA said...

Happy QS! I like the TS Eliot quote the best!

Rhonda said...

Love the Abe Lincoln quote - how I wish I had that wisdom!

Pam said...

Visiting from SITS. Great idea for a post. Love the Ruskin quote the best.

LT said...

What a great mix of quotes! This on jumped out at me: "Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
I learned about this one last year, it is so true!
Thanks!

Jana said...

I like this one the best

"The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas."
~ Linus Pauling

Hope you have a great Sunday.

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

I love them all of course, but especially the ones by Lincoln and Ruskin

JAN'S PLACE said...

excellent!

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
~ Isak Dinesen

dddiva said...

You picked some great quotes- this is my first time playing along.

Cj @ Live Laugh Love said...

I love this quote the best:

"Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
~ Isak Dinesen

How true how true!
(hugs)
Mama Hen

Tess said...

What nice quotes!

rmgales said...

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
~ T.S. Eliot

Love this quote. Thanks for sharing it.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

All very nice quotes :) I love seeing what you come up with every Sunday.