My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

11 June 2009

Sadness and Flowers



These past few days I have been going through a roller coaster of emotions and it dawned on me that I tend to only send flowers or receive them when something terrible is happening or has happened. I cannot imagine I am the only one (although maybe I am). So my question is why, when flowers can convey so many sentiments, do I not send them more often? Why wait until someone is ill or has passed away? Why not send flowers just because? To say I love you, or I am thinking of you, or you mean a lot to me. Of course flowers are indeed sent during good times; the birth of a baby, graduations, engagements. Yet, I think, flowers should be sent more often. To remind those we care about how much they are loved.

The photo above is a close up of the Freesia the guys bought me to cheer me up. I appreciate the flowers and they smell fantastic. Imagine how lovely it would have been to receive them just because.

10 comments:

Anissa said...

My husband did that one day and it made me feel so good. Just to get flowers because he loves me. Those are beautiful.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Those freesias are really beautiful. I love the coloring. I wish I could send flowers more often than I tend to. The just because flowers are the best I think.

Mighty M said...

Such beautiful freesias!

Jennifer said...

My husband does that, get's me flowers when I least expect them. I love getting them unexpectedly. It means more to me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Please know that his family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope you're doing okay? (((HUGS)))

Jennifer R said...

They are beautiful! Freesias smell so good - I just love them. I agree, flowers should wait for only sad times, or special times. They are always nice anytime!

((hugs)) to you.

The Muse said...

my sis, Tam agrees with your sentiment...I don't know why we don't it is sad really...
speaking of which..my hugs to cheer you and my prayers to keep you safe...

Kathleen W. said...

I've often thought of that too, when graves are covered in flowers. Why not send them to people at random times in their lives?

I had sent my husband's grandmother a bouquet last year, for no reason and she was so happy. You've reminded me to do it again.

Tami said...

Beautiful!

EmmyLine said...

That is so very true. I am a funeral director, my whole family is in the business and we are all reminded of work by flowers.

PW said...

I hope you are feeling better. I said a prayer for you.