My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

02 June 2009

Tornadoes and New Trees!

I cannot believe it is already June! Time appears to be flying past me at an alarming speed. Our household has been a whirlwind of activities the past two weeks and I am not seeing any breaks in the future. I am currently under a tornado warning. Yes, I am close to shelter. To keep my mind off the fact I do not have I basement, I thought I would quickly post pictures of our new trees. Since they have been planted we have had 3 days of tornado warnings.

Our two new trees right after they were delivered.


Our Ohio Buckeye Tree or 'Aesculus glabra'.


Our Norway Maple or 'Acer platanoides Drummondii'.


Closer look at the leaf of the Norway Maple.



There is still a lot of work to do in the yard, but not tonight, unless the storm passes quickly. Maybe tomorrow evening will be free of tornadoes, I can hope.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh they are so young and pretty!!

Mighty M said...

The tree's are beautiful! I hope the tornadoes stay away, far away!

Eighty MPH Mom said...

I love the trees, and your yard is well....huge and gorgeous! I am so jealous, we have a small yard. I hope the tornadoes will go away, and not bother you or the trees! I also hope you will be able to relax soon.

mannequin said...

Oh... they are adorable. I sure hope they make it through the winds. Go figure.

I like the variegated leaves, I've never noticed those before! Thank you:)

Mrs. {Erin} Cox said...

I love the look of that maple leaf, I can just imagine how beautiful it will be come autumn...

Here's hoping for calm weather!

Kathleen W. said...

Great choices! I love the leaves of the Norway Maple. Will either of those trees have gorgeous fall color?

Anissa said...

The trees are beautiful! Stay safe from the storms.

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Your trees are lovely! I hope the storm blows over and you're safe and cozy in your home.

Naomi said...

Those leaves are spectacular!

AudreyO said...

wow, I love all the flowers and trees in the last two posts. I am so not into gardening, but I love to admire homes with beautiful flowers as I go on my daily walks.