My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

15 June 2009

Vacation or Why I should Not Be Around Others

I really would like a vacation. By vacation, I am not referring to a cabana on the beach front for a week (although it does sound dreamy), I simply mean to get away for a day. It is not going to happen in my foreseeable future. Yet, I would very much like to go, well anywhere!

Why will I not get a vacation or should not be around people, let me count the ways.


First off, DH apparently has a male form of PMS. I realise he is stressed about work and I am grateful he still has a job. Please do not misunderstand. I am truly, truly grateful he is employed and was able to get a spot teaching this summer (it gets competitive). His teaching allows us to pay the mortgage. Unfortunately, his teaching this summer means he gets no time off. None. He is a University Professor and Researcher which is to say, he receives a 9 month salary and any additional money comes from grants, proposals, and supplemental teaching. The rub is when he teaches over the summer it gives him far less time to research, thus decreasing his time in the lab to do the experiments which lead to papers which lead to grant proposals. I was informed this morning that if he wanted time off, it could not happen, since teaching is not required in their contract, he has no "sub" so to speak.

The morning joy is not through! There was a wee bit of smoke and fire this morning. No one was harmed; however, it means our lizard set-up needs to be changed, as I cannot sit here for 14 straight hours every day (or can I?), making sure it does not happen again. To change things up we need, you guessed it, money.

Anyone recall the tree limb that fell and downed my power line over Memorial Weekend? Well that repair must be fixed. Nothing went as planned and it looks as though we will be paying for someone else's mistake. The electrician arrives tomorrow and I will be without power (just a heads up).

This mornings grand finale of why I will not be going anywhere this summer....

...on my husband's way to work his check engine light came on. I do not even want to know what is wrong or how much that repair will be (denial, is necessary at times).

I desperately need a vacation, even a day would be lovely. Maybe this autumn?

6 comments:

Mrs. {Erin} Cox said...

Aww friend, when it rains it pours sometimes. Keep your head up - I do hope you get a vacation sooner than autumn...and I REALLY hope you don't get stuck with that darn bill when it shouldn't be your responsibility!!

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

I am so sorry - a cruddy morning it was. I still think you should come out to California and visit me. Do you have airline miles? It won't cost you a dime while you're here - seriously.

I hope this week will improve. My internet was down all morning - ugh!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

You definitely need some sort of Mental Health Day after everything that's been going on... ((HUGZ!!))

Kathleen W. said...

I understand! We didn't take a vacation 2 years ago and it was awful. You just feel so cooped up, and really need a week to be away from your routine to get recharged. Maybe you could take one or two long weekends this summer, like over the 4th of July, just to get away. I hope something changes for you!

HDMac said...

((((((((((((Jennifer))))))))))))))

we all have our moments, honey.... believe it from one who has been there over and over! lol.....

BIG HUGS

Joanna said...

Life has certainly been a challange for a lot of people. You're not alone! The crud has been hard for me to shake.

Stopping by from SITS.