My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

14 July 2009

Cancel My Order

I was planning to post some updates of Sheldon, our baby Bearded Dragon. He/she has really grown these past few weeks. I took some photos of him/her and the camera batteries died, of course. This was not going to deter me from showing off the photos of our Beardie. That was until I received an email regarding a recent order I placed for clothing, which made me decide to hold off posting about Sheldon and instead share some of my pet peeves.

First off, anyone who has read my blog for any length of time knows I loathe clothing shopping. It is one of the most unenjoyable things in my life. I avoid clothing shopping, until necessary. I try to order on-line as much as possible as Mall shopping makes my skin crawl.

Back to the email I received this morning.
  • The order I placed is not in stock. Knowing this fact in advance would have saved me days of debating whether or not this item was in my budget.
  • They offered to send me the next size up. Now if the next size up was the size I needed/could wear I really would have ordered that size.
  • They also proceeded to share with me two other items I may like instead, in a size small. Why? I want the style I ordered.
  • Then they proceeded to tell me they would hold off shipping until they heard from me. Hold off what? The item I ordered is not in stock. What were they planning to ship?
  • While I appreciate their effort, they never did mention if they were planning to be getting that size back in stock. Which led to me sending a questioning email back to the company.
  • They never gave me my options for this style and size. Will they be receiving more of this style in a size small? I am truly hoping they are planning to get more in as I adore the style. Otherwise, I must cancel the order and begin again elsewhere.
So basically the email suggested I was uncertain of my sizing and style choice and should rethink the order. No, I ordered the size that would fit me and the style I liked. Why do these things need to be made more difficult then necessary? A simple "out of stock" next to the size small would have sufficed. Or letting me know in the email whether a size small in the style I ordered will become available in the future. Instead, it looks as though I will be playing email tag this morning, which is a waste of my time and (I would think) the company's time.

Update: The company rep emailed me back, (at least they are quick!) telling me they shall not be receiving anymore in and then continued to tell me her favourite pair and would I like those? No. Cancel my order.

9 comments:

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

Yikes...what a huge waste of time!! I've had similar things happen before, when a simple "Out of Stock" notation was there.

I am sorry - I know how very much you were looking forward to this particular item.

Yep - cancel it!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Not exactly how you want to start your day. I'm sorry. I guess it wasn't in the stars. Hmmph

Cj @ Live Laugh Love said...

I can see why you detest clothing shopping so much. Not a great way to start the day.

Hang in there Knitty, something more fabulous will be out there for you.

mannequin said...

Ew..... it's that stupid customer service thing. I never will understand why programmers do not program website shops to automatically say "Out of Stock" or"Unavailable until X/X/X" .

I order a lot of gifts online and I expect them to come in a reasonable amount of time, with minimal frustration. ha!

And what do you care what her favorite is???? Give me that phone.

Kathleen W. said...

Geez, how dense can people be? Everything you wrote makes perfect sense, yet the sales rep didn't seem to get it. I'd have canceled the order too.

Mighty M said...

YIKES! Cancel my orders forever from that place!!

Becca said...

I hate ordering online, I find it too be frustrating usually. But...I wanna hear about the lizard lol

Lolli said...

I've heard about that happening with electronics, trying to up-sell. But clothes? Give me a break! I'd cancel too.

Tami said...

I'm sorry, sometimes those people just dont' get it..LOL. I have to laugh because they do that to me all the time.

I have to go to the mall now instead of on-line and that really irritates me! LOL