My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

26 July 2009

Quotable Sunday

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

Yesterday I asked myself a rhetorical question and I have the answer, at least for me:

"The responsibility of tolerance lies in those who have the wider vision."
~ George Eliot

"If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done."
~ Dale Carnegie

"If you treat an individual as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still."
~ Chinese Proverb

"You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth."
~ Shira Tehrani

"There is no one else who can ever fill your role in the same way, so it's a good idea to perform it as well as possible."
~ Humphrey Osmond

"It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes life worth living."
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
~ Aristotle

"Self-love is the only weight-loss aid that really works in the long run."
~ Jenny Craig

"Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich."
~ Sarah Bernhardt

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be."
~ Groucho Marx

"Every day is a new beginning. Learn the skill of forgetting and move on.."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

13 comments:

MommaYoung said...

Great Quotes...

mannequin said...

Aren't quotes amazing?

Sometimes a simple construction of ten or so words can have more impact than a thousand pages of words.
Thank you Miss Jennifer!

Tami said...

These are ALL wonderful, I can't pick a favorite this week.LOL

LT said...

Wow! I love all of them! My dad used to say this one: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
I love that last one too by Norman Vincent Peale a good one to remember!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Great quotes Jennifer! My favorite is:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
~ Aristotle

So very true! :) Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Holly said...

I could use one of these a day in my meditation and greatly improve my life.

Why is it so hard to remember the basics of a kind, loving life?

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

I love your quotes - you always find such wonderful ones...

shopannies said...

Great qoutes I like the one by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
the best

kalea_kane said...

Great quotes. I like the Groucho Marx one especially.

Becca said...

I love the quote from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. So true!!! People definitely live up to your expectations of them...good or bad.

Whimsical Creations said...

Wonderful quotes!

AudreyO said...

Wow Jennifer, you found some awesome quotes this week. Happy Monday!!

Rhonda said...

Absolutely, we become what we are expected to become, re: Goethe