My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

28 July 2009

Rambling From A Slightly Caffeinated Brain

Before my mind wanders (I know, it is difficult to believe my mind could wander), I just read an update on Stellan and he appears to be doing better then he had been, for which I am truly grateful. So keep those prayers and positive thoughts flowing.

To answer some people's question; I have no intention to go to Blogher '10. I am truly excited for my friends who are already making plans and I look forward to cheering them on and listening as they work out all the details. Neither my personality nor my medical condition makes Blogher a reality for me ever. I am quite content with that. I am neither sad nor envious. Rather, I am excited to see others already making plans.

Sheldon (our juvenile Bearded Dragon) is growing at an alarming rate. Okay, we knew he would not stay the teeny little lizard he was, but I was not prepared for how fast he would grow, nor was I prepared for his voracious appetite. Yes, he and his appetite fit in well in this house.

School begins in less then a month. Slight panic is setting in. I did a quick calculation and the amount just for the school fees, parking pass, sports fees, and activity passes makes me wonder how we will get through August. I do not even want to think about school clothing, school supplies and the fact that all 3 need new running shoes, again. Cross Country running takes a huge toll on shoes, and geesh they are pricey. I wish our school had a cap on the amount of out of pocket expense for parents with more then 1 child in high school. I get queasy each time I think about all the money that I need to "find" in the next 3 weeks.

Speaking of money, my in-laws will be driving across country to see the boys before school begins. They have not seen their grandparents since Christmas, so they are excited. I am wondering how we will be paying for the visit. Yes money is weighing heavily on my mind.

Warning: I am going to moan for a bit here! Speaking of my mind, I am tired of living in pain. Oh I know, there is nothing I can do about it. I just needed to have a moan and then move on. I am tired of forced exercise. Seriously. Some days I just want to ring up my neurologist and ask for a script for the rat poison. I am sick and tired of exercising in pain. Trust me when I say no weight loss comes from this. It is strictly to keep my blood flowing and me off rat poison.

I should end this on a happier note. My husband is employed. We have insurance. My children are healthy. We have housing, clothing, and food. I am blessed!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I know how you feel about BlogHer 2010. I'm not sure if I want to go, and I'm so sick of people ALREADY talking about it. We just got past BlogHer 09. We need a break from that topic!

mannequin said...

Attending BlogHer is kind of like being married. Some people that ARE married believe other people will never be happy until THEY are married.

I can't imagine equipping three boys for school. It's difficult enough getting one ready.

I don't know if you realize it, but you're an inspiration, Jennifer. We all moan and groan at times but you always manage to look on the good side as well. :)

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Stopping by from SITS and am enjoying your transparency...keep blogging and keep up the faith!

~Jen

Tami said...

Jennifer I'm sorry your not feeling well today. I'll be keeping you in my prayers as well.

This is my first year of not having 2 children in school at the same time. Jeremiah and Daniel racked up my credit cards with clothing, then it was Daniel and Caleb.. and Daniel isn't one to shop at walmart! heaven forbid he wear anything from wallmart! KIDS!

Caleb is now the only one I have to buy clothing for and let me tell you how excited I am not to have a 6,000 clothing, shoes, back packs, socks undies, and sporting fees on my credit card!

I think it's happy too.

I'll pray for you and your fiances as I know how hard it can be.. and for the record, we're still paying for all THEIR CLOTHING years later.. sad isn't it?

HuGZ and FEEL BETTER

Native American Momma said...

I'll never be at blogher either ! That was a great moan, very positive! I am in pain too, no fun. Hmm a Bearded Dragon sounds super fun!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I'm a bit sick of BlogHer already. I'm thinking about going to 2010, but I hate crowds...the city....um....people. OK. Not all people, just a lot of people. I like to network, but my blog is mainly for fun,not a business...I'm not sure if I want to deal with all that for a fun blog.

I've got how long to worry about it?

Yeah, I'm getting a little sick of it too.

I'm new to your blog. . .what is causing the chronic pain?