My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

22 August 2009

Does Not Celebrate Birthdays? Not On My Watch!

My neighbour does not celebrate his birthday. Excuse me? I love birthdays. All I needed to hear was he does not celebrate and we went all out. Sadly I do not have pictures but I may be able to get them today. We went over to watch movies last night and brought his presents as we figured he may try to dodge us today. ;) He truly seemed thrilled with the huge Mylar balloon, and gold foiled presents. He did not even comment on how no one in this family can properly wrap. What did we get him? Good question. Terry loves Jelly Bellies, so Twin 2 went and selected 2 pounds of Terry's favourite flavours, since he does not buy them for himself! In the second box, we found an Ugly Doll Cyclops that was perfect for Terry. The Cyclops is an inside joke, not our joke-rather Terry's, as Terry was raised for a large portion of his life in the hollers of Kentucky.

Today he gets cupcakes. Oh I know he said no cake, but he did not say no cupcakes. I happen to know from experience from my birthday that he loved The Blooming Cupcakes from The Sneaky Cat Bakery. I do have pictures of the cupcakes!!


The cupcakes are: Italian Vanilla Cake, Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting, Red Flowers (they are a beautiful red, my camera skills are not good), and white candles.



Happy Birthday Terry!

15 comments:

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

First of all - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY! Silly you, who doesn't celebrate birthdays. That won't happen with Jen around (besides she's got the hook-up for the best bakeries!). Those cupcakes look AMAZING!! I just want to sink my teeth into them. I hope you had a happy day - it sure sounds like you did!

One Sassy Girl said...

Please be MY neighbor. He's a lucky man and those cupcakes look divine!

Happy SITS Sharefest :)

NateAndJakesMom said...

Happy Birthday Terry! You are so blessed to have Knitty as your neighbor! I too am not a big birthday celebrator but for cupcakes??? I would totally make an exception.

Enjoy your day!

Tami said...

This made me want to cry! Seriously. What a LOVING family you guys are to bring such joy and LOVE to another.

You made my day Jennifer!

HuGZ
Tami

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

You are so kind to do all of that for your neighbor. Those cupcakes look SO delicious. *I wish the Sneaky Cat bakery were nearby for me.* YUM

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Happy Birthday to youuuu (terry), Happy Birthday to youuu (terry), Happy Birthday dear Terrrryyyyyy!!!! Happy Birthday to Youuu (terry)

How does one not celebrate a birthday, we earn those days by golly, celebrate it, kick up your heels, enjoy the fantabulous cupcakes! (They look divine) YUMMM

What great neighbors you are knitty. Can I come and live next to you?
tee hee
MUAH
Mama Hen

Jennifer said...

These cupcakes look absolutely gorgeous... wait, forget that! They look DELICIOUS!!! :-)

cherie said...

you are very sweet! can we be neighbors? lol! well, my neighborhood is the same way, thank God! would be a sad day to have a grouch living beside you...huge hugs for your kindness! and tell teryy we say happy birthday likewise!

Whimsical Creations said...

What a lucky guy!! You are so sweet!

cherie said...

hi, jenn! i'm back! go grab the Cupcake and Lovely Blog Awards form my site! read my latest post! hugs!!

Elftea said...

You are wonderful!

MrsM said...

How sweet of you to do something for your neighbor like that! Especially when those cupcakes look so delicious :)

JamericanSpice said...

What can I do to get you to move in next door. There is an empty house and everything!

It's so lovely what you did and htose cupcakes...I'd put them on my mantle they are pretty!

JamericanSpice said...

And happy belated birthday to Terry!

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

Such a sweet gal you are! Love the cupcakes! Very creative and they sounds yummy!