My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

23 August 2009

Living-Quotable Sunday

Mothers Day Gift Ideas


Living!

"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."
~ Socrates

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."
~ Winston Churchill

"Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out."
~ James Bryant Conant

"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of."
~ Charles Richards

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
~ Anatole France< "The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny!"
~ Albert Ellis

"Adversity and loss make a man wise."
~ Welsh Proverb

"Society can only be happy and free in proportion as it is virtuous."
~ Mary Wollstonecraft

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
~ Victoria Holt

"The best antidote I have found is to yearn for something. As long as you yearn, you can't congeal: There is a forward motion to yearning."
~ Gail Godwin

My favourite Quote:
"The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him no good."
~ Ann Landers

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

12 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

I really enjoyed your quotes today, the one that I like most:

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
~ Anatole France<

Act, Dream, Plan and Believe - it's the dreaming and the believing that we sometimes forget.

Happy Sunday Jenn

Peggy said...

Loved these quotes , especailly the one to never regret, if it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad it's experience.
That one I will tell my husband, he loves quote too!

rmgales said...

Love the Ann Landers quote. Happy Quotable Sunday!

Martha in PA said...

Wonderful words to start off the day!

I would pick as my favorite.
"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
~ Victoria Holt

I've been following a CaringBridge site for a little girl with cancer, her parents use this as their "motto" is to
live gracefully, hopefully, realistically, and joyfully. I love those words!

Have a wonderful day!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

These are wonderfully inspirational. Thanks for sharing :D

Chrissy MacCEO said...

Great quotes! I especially love the one that is your favorite, too.

Tami said...

Ooh these are ALL WONDERFUL.
My favorite is.

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
~ Victoria Holt

Mellisa said...

These are some really great quotes. I esp. love the one about the turtle and his neck and never regret! Thanks for sharing these! Love the colors of your blog too...the pink and red is really a great combination!

LT said...

I really love all the quotes! This one jumped out at me today though: "Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
Happy Sunday!

MrsM said...

"The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time"....so true!

Thanks for sharing these great quotes =)

~~tonya~~ said...

These are all so wonderful!! Great choices.

I really like this one:
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."
~ Winston Churchill

Hope you have a great Sunday!!

I love the new look of your blog!

KimberlyKaye said...

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
~ Victoria Holt

I always loved Victoria Holt. I knew she wrote some good reads, but I didn't realize she could be this wise. Great quotes.