My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

02 August 2009

Motivation-Quotable Sunday

Mothers Day Gift Ideas


A few of my favourite motivational quotes

""Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."
~ Anne Lamott

"It still holds true that man is most uniquely human when he turn obstacles into opportunities."
~ Eric Hoffer

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.."
~ Dale Carnegie

"When we can begin to take our failures nonseriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves."
~ Katherine Mansfield

"You must be careful how you walk and where you go, for there are those following you who will set their feet where yours are set."
~ Robert E. Lee

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
~ Carl Jung

"We have to fight them daily, like fleas, those many small worries about the morrow, for they sap our energies."
~ Etty Hillesum

My favourite Quote:
"Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak."
~ Epictetus

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

14 comments:

Tim said...

Great post here Jenn, I just love quotes and your fav is a great one!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

tales from an oc cottage said...

That last quote is perfect!!

m ^..^

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I like the last quote especially.

Tami said...

I LOVE the new look! It's BEAUTIFUL!

I can't pick a favorite they are all WONDERFUL!

mannequin said...

I love your new look Jennifer! Thanks for the thought provoking quotes. I am always amazed with Thomas Jefferson quotes.

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

I love the topic. Here's my favorite quote:
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
~ Carl Jung

What a great, little nugget of truth.
p.s. it's lookin' good in here. :)

rmgales said...

Love the Thomas Jefferson quote.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Excellent quote choices, Jennifer! I really do like that last one! :)

Enjoy your Sunday! ;)

~~tonya~~ said...

I love this one:

"You must be careful how you walk and where you go, for there are those following you who will set their feet where yours are set."
~ Robert E. Lee

Wow! So true!

Have a great Sunday.

shopannies said...

heres to laughing at our fears

Becca said...

I really like the Dale Carnegie quote. Thanks for sharing!

BJ_Mama said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the Thomas Jefferson quote.

kalea_kane said...

Great quotes. I love the one from Jefferson as well.

LT said...

Yes, I am almost a week late! But I just read your quotes and love them all! Especially: ""Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."
Been there.