My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

09 August 2009

Quotable Sunday

Mothers Day Gift Ideas


A few of my favourite quotes on living

"" People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
~ Lao-Tzu

"What we must decide is perhaps how we are valuable, rather than how valuable we are."
~ F.Scott Fitzgerald

"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."
~ Flora Whittemore

"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure."
~ Jack Lemmon

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
~ Abraham Lincoln

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."
~ Anatole France

"Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My favourite Quote:
"Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged."
~ Helen Keller

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

13 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."

We've become a cynical society. We need to dream and believe once again.
Actions with a plan is always a good thing, the follow through of believing and dreaming it are equally as good.

Love this quote Jenn.
Be Well
Mama Hen

Tami said...

I LOVE THEM ALLLLL! Beautiful every one of them!

JamericanSpice said...

These are so true and I live the first one most.

mannequin said...

It's as if you knew. Thank you for the Lao-Tzu quote. I will remember that, perhaps I should write it down and carry it with me.

Maizie Designs said...

Your blog looks FABULOUS!! Loved reading through all of these wonderful quotes this morning!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Apparently I'm behind...your blog looks great - love the new look! :)

Excellent quote choices - my favorite is:

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."
~ Anatole France

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

I like all of these, but I think my favorite is the same as yours. The Helen Keller quote is wonderful...

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I need to remember this one!

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
~ Lao-Tzu

Happy Sunday!

Jennifer said...

Great quotes! Love this one.

"Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Happy Sunday!

Heather said...

oh! i like the Anatole France quote too :)

KimberlyKaye said...

Love them all!

Becca said...

I love the quote by Lao-Tzu. It is so true!

Kekibird said...

Love Jack Lemmons quote but Abraham Lincoln's quote wins, hands down.

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it." Abe Lincoln.

Wonderful!!