My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 August 2009

Sleeping In and Life Changes

Today we slept in. Not the guys, they were up and out the door for cross practice, they are young and can handle it. DH and I slept in. Bliss. We had a weekend of company which required earlier than usual mornings, especially for a weekend, which rendered us all quite tired and in desperate need of a decent lie in. I cannot explain how wonderful it feels to have a lie in, nor can I explain why it appears to be so good for the body, mind, and soul. It just is, at least in this house.
In my house this week, life is turning more chaotic than usual as the boys gear up for another year in High School, their cross country season is in full gear, extra-curricular activities will be added on to an already full schedule, along with homework which always leads to the dreaded 11pm "Mom we are out of printer paper and I need it now" cry from the desk region. Why do teens wait until 11pm to announce school project needs?
The boys are not the only ones affected. DH will not only continue his research and writing of papers and grant proposals, but is also gearing up for teaching the newest batches of undergraduates and graduate students hoping Chemistry is the vocation for them. There will be tears, there always are.
All this turmoil actually makes me happy! I look forward to this time of year! My schedule, my routine, my way of life that was thrown off kilter for the past 3 months, will be back. I do so love routine. I will have my silent days and noisy evenings. Just the way I like it. I look forward to the days ahead with open arms and a smile on my face. And maybe, just maybe I will be able to squeeze in one more lie in before we are back on schedule.

9 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

I hear ya Jennifer - Routine, sweet blissful routine!

So glad you got to sleep in today and here's hoping for another chance for the same.

School is gonna start! YAY -and yes, why do teens wait until 11PM to proclaim so loudly they need this, that or the other thing for a project? Hmmmm it's a conspiracy I tell ya!;)

Here's to sleeping in one more time, blissful routines and all the good things that make you smile.

Gabrielle said...

Great post ans I love your site, I'm now following!!

Andrea Proulx said...

Oh the joys of being able to sleep in. Savor it for now, and relish in the school year to come! Yahoo for routines!

R. Wallis @ TrueBeauty said...

Just stopping by from SITS. I so love routine myself! Cute blog!!

Mighty M said...

Awwww, I love routine! I got to "sleep in" until 7 (lateish for me) this weekend, and it was awfully nice too!! ;-)

Tami said...

LOL, if I get off my routine, I fall apart!

Tami said...

LOL, if I get off my routine, I fall apart!

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

I love to sleep in...of course, for me, sleeping in = sleeping until 7:45.
I'm glad you got some much needed rest and your routine can begin. :)

Mama Plays Mozart said...

Sleeping in -how delicious! I've got a 10 month baby and am axiously awaiting the time when sleeping in can be a reality :)