My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

20 August 2009

Sunflower Serenade: A Review


When I was approached to be a part of the book tour for Tricia Goyer's latest book, Sunflower Serenade, I was a bit apprehensive. Being an avid reader, I was curious, since Christian Fiction is not a genre I am overly familiar with. Compounded with the fact that I had never read any of Goyer's previous works in her Home to Heather Creek Series I was uncertain whether or not I would be able to fully appreciate the novel and to be quite honest, I was a little nervous.
As soon as I began the novel my worries and doubts began to disappear. Sunflower Serenade was a welcoming book and I found myself easily envisioning myself on the farm in Bedford, Nebraska. The characters in this novel are quite endearing and one cannot help but feel as if one is right there, in the kitchen making pies with Charlotte, overseeing the farm with Bob, or living the excitement of the county fair through the eyes of Charlotte's grandchildren.
Sunflower Serenade is a heart-warming novel of a loving extended family, living in rural Nebraska, gearing up for the county fair and trying to deal with having their farm used to make a country music video. The novel deals with everyday family and friendship issues everyone can relate with and Charlotte's words of wisdom cannot help but stay with the reader long after the novel is over. I would not hesitate to recommend this novel to anyone who is looking for a nice cozy read.
I am very pleased to have been a part of the Sunflower Serenade Blog Tour and encourage my readers to see what others have to say about this heartwarming novel.
Sunflower Serenade is available through Guideposts' Home to Heather Creek's website.

6 comments:

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

I'm not familiar with that author either but your description of the book spikes my curiosity.
What a wonderful review. :)

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

This sounds like a wonderful book. I like that type of "cozy" book that makes you feel like you are right there with the characters. Thank you for telling me about it - I will look for it the next time I hit the book store!

Tami said...

Oooh I'm so on this book! It sounds WONDERFUL!

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Well done Jennifer! A well written review once again!

I'm not familiar with this series of books or author either, but I will look into it.

Thank you for your time and insight.

Mrs. {Erin} Cox said...

Perhaps I'll be adding this to my ever growing list of books to read. Cozy reads are the best, aren't they? I miss reading.

Tricia Goyer said...

Thanks for sharing my book with your readers...and for your kind words!

Don't forget - your readers can win the entire series at my blog during the tour! http://triciagoyer.blogspot.com/2009/08/sunflower-serenade-blog-tour.html

All the best,
Tricia