My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

25 August 2009

Uncaffeinated Thoughts

For those stopping by my blog, thank you for taking the time to read the thoughts that go through my brain while I await for the coffee to be finished steeping. For those wondering, the coffee must steep 4 minutes.

It dawned on me that for the 24 years I have been a licensed driver (did everyone just quickly do the math to catch my age?), I have usually been left without a car. The High School/College years were not a big deal, I found ways to get to classes and work. Those early years of marriage we took public transport and turns with the car. Then the kids arrived and I had the car most of the time, since I did have the three young kids to cart around. The fun years. Then it switched, the kids were school age and DH could no longer bus it to work so once again and I was without a car. We have only been a two car family since 2002, when it became an absolute necessity. The boys resume HS tomorrow and again, I shall be home, without a car. Surely one did not expect there to be a point?

Spam. No, not the kind one can eat, rather the annoying stuff my email usually does a good job filtering out. I glanced at it and if I am understanding my spam clearly; taking in the amount of caffeine, green tea, colourful fruit and vegetables I consume, I should be a negative weight.

Speaking of weight, Darling Husband, if you are reading this, our scale is broken. I know you think it is not, but sweetie, it is. Unless the spam is correct, I did not shed 25 pounds overnight! Maybe the coffee, green tea, fruits and veg are working...

Why oh why is there not one effective medicine to rid me of pain? It is a rhetorical question. I ponder it often.

Finally, ah the coffee smells divine, why do I feel sad when someone decides to unsubscribe from my feed? Am I so insecure that I feel every one must like me? Or is it I cannot stand not knowing why a person chose to unsubscribe? Which in and of itself is an insecurity.

9 comments:

Tami said...

I always look at someone who unsubscribes from my blog as a winner. I lose 1 or 2 and gain 5 more. weird. But I do enjoy gaining a few more out of a loss.

Leslie M. said...

I hear ya Sista!!
when someone unsubscribes to Leslie Loves Veggies I feel like I did something wrong!
Can I have some coffee too! :)
But you have 298 Followers!!!
Woo Hoo!!!
Thats Fabu!!!
Hugs,
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com

I read you all the time! I gotta start commenting!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I had someone unsubscribe yesterday. Can't please everyone I guess? I enjoy your uncaffeinated thoughts posts.

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Ah Jenn, I wish there was one medicine that could rid you of the pain.
We are a two car family, however, I detest driving. So more often than not, one of the oldest has the car, the hubby is out with the truck and I am home car-less. I don't mind in the least (unless there is an emergency and someone doesn't pick up their cell phone when I call!!) but that is a WHOLE nother subject.

Um 25 pounds overnight - I want that scale if for no other reason, then for a moment to think I am lighter than I really am.

I'm enjoying my coffee too, but decaf, it's not bad, but it's not caffeinated so I'm bummed and have the headache to go with it. But the shakes and jitters didn't need anymore help. But still the smell of fresh brewed coffee - hmmmmmmm

Spam - thank goodness for the spam filter, or else I'd be a lot lighter, much richer and have several opportunities of a job of a lifetime. Own untold real estate and riches. (laughing) NOT

MUAH
Mama Hen

Lisa Anne said...

Don't be sad. It's their loss. I like your blog, they will be the ones missing out not you!! I've learned you have to write for yourself and not really care what other people think. to each his own.

But anyway I like your blog I enjoy it. Hope that makes you feel better

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

I just lost a follower and I TOOK IT BADLY too? Why do we do that to ourselves???

I wish I could take your pain away for you... my youngest wants to be a Doctor... so maybe he'll find a cure for ya...

Enjoy your day... sweet friend!

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Coffee sounds heavenly and I wish my scale would tell me I weighed 25 pounds less. (sigh) oh well, gaining weight while pregnant is good and keeps the baby healthy and happy. That's all that really matters.
I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I know what you mean about the "unsubscribed thing". I feel sad,too,because I don't know what I did wrong!

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I detest being without a car as I am now. I thought I had my finances all figured out when we moved to Washington but with the high cost of living here it didn't work out for a car.