My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

31 August 2009

What Are You Reading Monday?



I am trying a new Meme created by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog saying what books I read last week and what books I plan to read this week.

Last Week I Read:
  • The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent- I cannot recommend this novel highly enough to anyone who has not read it. I could not put it down. This book will stay with me for a very long time.
  • The Siege by Stephen White - Another page turner from Stephen White. This novel takes the reader out of Colorado and puts Sam Purdy in the lead. A change from the other novels, but no less a page turner. I dare say more of one.
  • Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell - This was my least favourite of the novels I read this past week. Somewhere through the years Cornwell's writing has changed or perhaps my tastes have changed. I found this novel to be a good read, but not as good to me, as her earlier works.
  • Triptych by Karin Slaughter - Slaughter weaves in several story lines and flash backs to bring together a wonderful novel of suspense. I am relatively new to her works and I was pleasantly surprised by how likable even the most unlikeable characters are. Many things are not what they seem, which makes for a rather enjoyable read.
This Week I am hoping to read:
  • The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen
  • BoneMan's Daughter by Ted Dekker
  • Cross Country by James Patterson
  • The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
Check back next Monday to see how well, or not so well, I accomplish my reading goals.
Photobucket

30 comments:

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

You had a great week! I will have to get The Heretic's Daughter after that recommendation.

Mary said...

Looks like I need to add The Heretic's Daughter to my wish list! Have a great week : )

Mighty M said...

Nice work!!

Tami said...

I'd love to pick up a book and read today! Maybe after I get my mom settled =)

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Second time I seen Bonemans Daughter today on a blog. I have it on my shelf and need to read it as Decker is an amazing author.

Book Chick City said...

You had a great reading week! Really want to read The Keepsake. Hope you enjoy your books this week! :)

Wendy said...

I haven't heard of one of these books. Yikes! Will definitely be checking them out. :)

Cascia said...

I wish I had enough time to read that many books.

HODGEPODGESPV said...

i would so like the heritics daughter! but someone i know overspent her book allowance on last weeks 3 books she got from amazon. fixed incomes suck eggs!

Lori said...

Jennifer -
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm glad you did, otherwise I may not have found yours!
I read Karin Slaughter's Triptych a year or so ago and thought it was incredible. Definitely a great read. Will definitely add The Heretic's Daughter to my TBR list!

Alissa said...

My goodness, you've been busy reading. I'm kind of jealous!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

the heretics daughter looks very interesting...i looked it up

Andrea said...

Great list you've got for the week. Happy reading!

alitareads said...

I really need to add The Heretic's Daughter to my to-read list. It looks really good!
It's Monday!

Tam @ Bailey's and Books said...

Good list last week and this week. I aspire to read four a week.
Maybe Sept will be better for me.
Happy Reading!

Mae said...

I bet you're a crime fiction aficionado! :-) I used to read Cornwell when I was in high school but I haven't read her since. I'm surprised she's still writing Scarpetta. Is it still Scarpetta?

Shon said...

Good choices for this week! I tried to read a Patricia Cornwell book and couldn't get through half of it. I haven't picked up a book of hers since. I think I'm in the minority as many people seem to like her novels.

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Look at you read like a pj clad crazy lady ;)

I love knowing what you thought of the books you show us. It helps me to figure out should I read this?

I hope you reach your reading goals. Remember as you update your book wish list to let me know.

You reading rockin pj clad cupcake loving chocolate coffee addicted wonderful woman! I adore you! :)

J. Kaye said...

Great stack of books..."BoneMan's Daughter" by Ted Dekker is seriously wow!

Jill of The O.W.L Blog said...

I totally agree about Patricia Cornwell. I use to LOVE her books, and now I can't get myself to read them. I have her two newest ones and I can't get myself to even really pick them up.

mannequin said...

How can you read all those books in one week? It takes me two weeks to read a book. Of course, I only read about an hour a day. Please don't tell me you're reading an hour a day also.

Jenni Jiggety said...

You read FAST! I am impressed!

I am reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See...it is terrific!

BeautifulWreck said...

I will be copying these into a file. I will be having surgery in ten weeks and hope to do some reading.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

And I thought I read quick {when I do read}...

Teddyree said...

What an awesome week, we obviously have similar tastes, some of my fave authors there. I enjoyed The Keepsake but her early medical thrillers are my absolute favourites.

Looking forward to your thoughts on Cross Country, I'm afraid I gave it a bit of a tearing down but I'm a huge James Patterson fan and it disappointed.

Couldn't agree with you more about Patricia Cornwell and I'm definitely pushing The Heretics Daughter up my tbr list after your recommendation. Thanks and happy reading :-)

K said...

Triptych by Karin Slaughter was a really good book. It was my first Slaughter book too, and i really liked her writing.

Have a great week

K said...

Triptych by Karin Slaughter was a really good book. It was my first Slaughter book too, and i really liked her writing.

Have a great week

CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) said...

Wow! Thought I did well to read one book last week, which was The Possibility of Everything (advanced reader's copy)...you should do more book reviews :)

Ruth Schaller said...

I love ted Dekker! Have a great reading week! :D

Jo said...

So you would recommend Patricia Cornwell's earlier work? I haven't read anything by her.

I haven't read any Dekker yet either, but I've heard great things. I'll be looking forward to next week's post.