My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

06 September 2009

Books-Quotable Sunday

Mothers Day Gift Ideas


My theme this week is Books!

" A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting.."
~ Henry David Thoreau

"There is no friend as loyal as a book."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book."
~ Marcel Proust

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
~ Paul Sweeney

"A good library is a palace where the lofty spirits of all nations and generations meet."
~ Samuel Niger

"I cannot live without books."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"It is with the reading of books the same as with looking at pictures; one must, without doubt, without hesitations, with assurance, admire what is beautiful."
~ Vincent van Gogh

"Only in books has mankind known perfect truth, love and beauty."
~ George Bernard Shaw

My favourite Quote:
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
~ Cicero

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni
Photobucket

11 comments:

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Great quote choices again this week, Jennifer! This one really stood out for me, it's so relate-able:

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
~ Paul Sweeney

Hope you have an awesome Sunday! :)

Tami said...

LOVE, LOVE quotes! Hope you had a great 5 days relaxation with the family!

barefacedapproach said...

Such a cute site :)

Stopping by from SITS!!!

LT said...

Love the quotes!! I too am a book lover. I think this one is my favorite: "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
Happy Sunday!

Mellisa said...

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
~ Paul Sweeney

I love this so much I want to steal it to put on my blog to see all the time!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Teashop Girl said...

Great quotes! My favorite is the C.S. Lewis one. Thanks for sharing.

Christine aka LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Jennifer

I loved this and it is all to true, I spent most of my childhood with my nose buried in a book:

"There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book."
~ Marcel Proust

Thank you for sharing your favorite quotes... I liked them all.

Happy Sunday

Jenny Girl said...

Excellent quotes. Hemingway, Jefferson, and Cicero are my faves.

Martha in PA said...

Excellent topic, and fabulous selection of quotes. I like the Sweeney quote. I have not read a book like that in a very long time. I find very little time to read, and that must change!
My QS

Jennifer-EightyMPHMom said...

I love the quote by Paul Sweeney...there are some books that you just don't want to end, and when they do, it's just a bit sad!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

These are wonderful. I love this: "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
~ Paul Sweeney