My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

24 September 2009

Ramblings From An Un- Caffeinated Brain

If you read my post yesterday, then you are aware of how beautiful my morning coffee is, just sitting on the tray, waiting for me to drink. The picture I posted yesterday was of my coffee ready to drink, meaning it was plunged and waiting to be poured into mugs. At present I am waiting for my coffee to steep. When I am waiting for the coffee to steep, I think, blog. I take wild leaps in my morning thinking. For now, we will refer to what I do as thinking, humour me.
  • Why do three (3) teens require ten (10) cups in one day? Mind, most of the day they are at school and cross country practise.
  • Is my husband truly losing his hearing or is he just not listening? I think he is not listening when I speak. I wonder, when I speak, do I sound to him like the teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons?
  • Why do teens enjoy re-carpeting their floor with not only discarded clothing from the day, but the clean laundry I lovingly put on their beds that day, thereby contaminating the clean laundry with the sweaty discarded running gear? Guess who washes 3 loads of laundry a day?
  • When the cat spits up a hairball, why is it always directly in my path to the bathroom? I have learned to slip on slippers, no matter the hour.
  • Surely, my teens are not the only ones to leave bathroom fans on as well as every light, in every room they walk passed or through. Please tell me I am not alone.
  • As for me, I truly love books. They bring me comfort and joy. From the feel to the smell. All my senses (except taste-I am not that far gone!) delight me. There have to be other book lover's out there who feel as I do.
Finally, I have a enough books to build myself a fort to hide inside and read. Just the idea of hiding in a fort reading brings a smile to my face. Nothing could make me happier! I will be posting several book reviews in the next few days, so please check back. For now I smell the allure of my coffee, and am ready to begin my day.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Mighty M said...

Good morning. I think all kids are programmed to automatically forget about turning thing off after turning them on....it fades once they start getting their own utility bills! ;-)

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

My kids leave every light on in every room they pass or enter also - makes me nuts.
Laundry - same thing, so now I make them do it themselves (I help of course).....
Books, a forte of books - how divine!
And yes, according to my husband we do sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown from time to time. LOLOL

As always love your thoughts....

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Yes, my husband suffers from "selective hearing syndrome" as well. If I say something like "football's on!" he perks up. However, if I'm talking about something like dishes or laundry, I lose him. So frustrating.

Is it strange that your love for books = my love for children's books? I think it's because early childhood education is my college major. I just get so excited to read new stories with my son and watch his face light up.

Enjoy your coffee!

Bluestocking said...

Lol! I'll have to post a picture of my coffee machine for you to see.

Kari said...

I so know what you mean about teens leaving lights on. That is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. I rarely have any lights on (my family makes fun of me because I love the dark - they say I must be a vampire). But, my kids have to flip every single light switch that they walk past. And, they never turn them off.

Jennifer said...

I had to LOL when I read #2, about your husband. I completely identify! I wonder the same exact thing! Wa wa wa! ;-)

cherie said...

oh dear. hahaha!

i'm NOT even going to add to the list, jen, because we'll end up with a book! happy thursday!

Lynne said...

HUSBANDS: My husband actually told me the other day that he doesn't listen to anything I say. It was funny because he didn't mean it in a mean way, he was just being honest. What he meant was that he only listens to the important stuff...WHAT?! So I guess HE decides what's important and blocks out the rest. It's true what you said about the Charlie Brown thing...mwah, mwah, mwah...that's what men hear.

TEENS: You're not alone. My 15-year-old not only doesn't turn anything off, he doesn't close drawers or cupboards! And the laundering clean clothes problem I fixed by making him wash his own clothes.

BOOKS: I'm like you. Absolutely positively 100% in love with them. A perfect vacation to me would be alone on a beach for two weeks with a stack of books.

Pam said...

Lol! Your teens sound a lot like my teen daughter.

Chris said...

I'm convinced I sound like Charlie Brown's teacher to my husband. I'm the same way as you, only I need my pot of freshly brewed tea by my side to get me going. Just stopped by from SITS to say hey. Have a good day

mannequin said...

Yes, yes, yes. I cannot begin to imagine a life without books. Wouldn't it be absolutely horrid not to be able to read, touch and smell the pages of a new or old book? I often wonder if I go blind and someone reads to me, will it mean the same? I dare say not because when I think of a Kindle or a audiobook, I shudder.


Ahahahaha! I knew it. I knew I was not alone and yet no other would admit. Owning cats has caused me to never, ever go barefoot. I will not walk barefoot in the house for fear of slippery regurgitated substances.

Kathleen W. said...

My husband has a love affair with books, and always says that he wishes you could buy a "book scented" candle.

Oh, the teen years...I'll bet they can't find things either, and expect that you know where said item is.

Chanda said...

I think all husbands have hearing problems! Funny that my husband does most of the things your teenagers do!

Stopped by from SITS!