My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

27 September 2009

Running-Quoatable Sunday

All three of my sons are cross country runners and they chose the theme for today: Running.

"Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed."
~ Charles Schulz

"If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise."
~ P.Z. Pearce

"You don’t run against a bloody stop watch, do you hear? A runner runs against himself, against the best that's in him. Not against a dead thing of wheels and pulleys. That's the way to be great, running against yourself. Against all the rotten mess in the world. Against God, if you’re good enough."
~ Bill Persons

"The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again."
~ Erma Bombeck

"Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring."
~ Jimmy Carter

"I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups."
~ Rita Rudner

"Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first."
~ Unknown

The quote chosen by all three as a favourite quote:

"There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be."
~ George Sheehan

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

Photobucket

10 comments:

Peggy said...

Love your quotes on Runners and running. My son is a runner too!
Happy Sunday!

Chrissy MacCEO said...

Great quotes. I am a huge Erma Bombeck fan so that one is my favorite by far!! But I got a real chuckle from the one about triatholons! Cute!

LT said...

Great running quotes! I love "Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first."
Happy Sunday!

AudreyO said...

I love the quotes. I'm not a runner but I do walk daily and sometimes I do believe motorist see runners and walkers as moving targets LOL

Becca said...

Great quotes. The Rita Rudner one was my favorite. That lady is a crackup!

virginiebarbeau said...

Great quotes. I really like the P.Z. Pearce one. Thanks for checking out my quotes, too!

Martha in PA said...

Love the quotes, especially the Rita Rudner! Not that I think that way, I just love her humor!

Do you get a new look? I love it!

My QS

Joshlin said...

I love your quotes! Thanks for visisting my blog today. This is my first Quotable Sunday and I love it.

IE Mommy said...

loved the ones by Erma Bombeck and Charles Schulz! Thanks for the great quotes and for stopping by The IE Mommy

Deb said...

These are great! I coach college x-c and will have to share these with my team.

My fave runner quote is by Don Kardong: "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos."