My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

13 September 2009

The Sunday Salon-My First

The Sunday Salon.com

I am joining what is know as The Sunday Salon. I decided it would be best to use the site's own words to describe to others new to this wonderful weekly event, rather than muck it up. The following is directly from The Sunday Salon (yes, I did ask first).

"What is the Sunday Salon? Imagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them, and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....
That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. See below for how to join the Salon. "

Now for the fun!

First off, BBAW week is finally here! I am so very excited, not only for the contests, interviews and reviews (as I have concluded my TBR list can never be too long), but also to see which bloggers won which categories.

I am also joining another book challenge (I know!) this one could not be passed up and the sign-ups have not even begun. (see I have time) S. Krishna will be hosting a South Asian Authors Challenge and I am very excited!

This past week has been a whirlwind of reading, all wonderful reads, and those will be posted here tomorrow, so please check back!

I have 2 book giveaways ending very soon. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran ends on (9/14), and The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik (5 Copies) ends on (9/15).

Today I am curling up with books, coffee, green tea, and then switching back to coffee in the evening, and hopefully I will read and begin the reviews for the following books:

Bo's Cafe by John Lynch, Bill Thrall, and Bruce McNicol (for a review and blog tour), 240 pages.
The Ice Chorus by Sarah Stonich (for a review), 328 pages
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, of which I have thus far only managed 32 out of 850 pages and it is not for lack of interest!

Crossing my fingers that I am able to dig my teeth into Outlander this week! Happy Reading and please feel free to leave comments or suggestions!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anni said...

Welcome at the Sunday Salon!
Happy reading!

Cheers,
Anni

Leslie M. said...

I heart you Friend!
I hope you had a Blessed Sunday!
Thank you for my Skype Message! I just found it! Thank you for being so caring and loving! You have such a kind heart! I love that about you!
Happy Reading Doll!
Hugs,
I so Blessed to have met you Knitty!
Veggie
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

S. Krishna said...

I'm so glad you're excited about the South Asian Authors Challenge!!