My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 September 2009

Uncaffeinated Thoughts on a Thursday

My sweet husband is making coffee, well actually still grinding the beans and since I must be awake I might as well share with anyone willing to read my blog, what I am thinking. Trust me, there will be no profound moments, I have not had any caffeine.

Why do I remember to do things at odd hours? I always think I should ring my parents and then realise it is quarter of midnight. This sadly, happens quite often. I have been meaning to order my son's birthday cake for 3 days now. I remember when I wake and as I am falling asleep around 2 am. Neither time would she appreciate me ringing her up to place a cake order. Surely I am not the only one who does these things?

For those who do not know, I am a night owl. I have by virtue of being a mum, been made to wake in the scary early hours of the morn. However, I remain a night owl. I think best after 11pm. So for anyone reading this post, you are catching me when my grey cells are asleep. There is not even caffeine to soothe them. I can smell the coffee, so it should not be much longer.

So what do I do while the house is asleep? I read. I adore books, as I have mentioned in times past. I usually have to force myself to put a book down so I can get a few hours of sleep. I get lost in books and lose all track of time. It is truly a wonderful experience. My husband dislikes reading for pleasure, I cannot even comprehend that!

I have been meaning to post this, see something else I forgot! It is Book Bloggers Appreciation Week and there are some fantastic contests going on, as well as reviews and interviews. Information can be found here at BBAW! Better late then never.

As I have mentioned loving the aroma of my coffee and have mentioned on more then one occasion, my love for food, I figure I shall share a fact about myself. I detest the smell of food cooking. Odd for someone who loves to eat, but there it is.

Photobucket

11 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Good Morning Jennifer, I have coffee in hand, it has not hit the system yet, so I am hopeful for more caffeinated thoughts of my own here soon.

There are a bunch of foods I love, but can't handle the smell of them cooking too. It is odd isn't it, for as much as we like to eat, the act of preparing it can turn my stomach - go figure

It's hard to put a good book down once you are captured and drawn into the story. I so can relate to that. Same with knitting, if I'm on a roll at night, I keep thinking, one more row and of course hours later I am still going! LOL

ORDER your sons birthday cake! (giggle)
I am becoming a morning person and due to the time the children and hubby begin to stir around here at 430am. I am also a night person, I get so much accomplished in the wee hours of the night - so time for sleep? I don't know.

Here's hoping for a good day for you. As always love your Un-caffeinated thoughts!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

my dh says i am a bat...or was that bats?

Leslie M. said...

I just sat down to read your blog... with.. ta da... my coffee.. omgosh.. how funny! I have had a headache for 2 days.. you know those migraines will get you every time!
grrrr.. and this one just will not let go!
Thank goodness for the meds.... oh and coffee!
You make me smile Knitty!

Hugs,
Veggie,
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Mighty M said...

Coffee sounds wonderful right now - Happy Thursday!

carolsnotebook said...

Coffee would have been nice this morning. Of course, I barely got my hair brushed before rushing out the door. I'm not so good at mornings, either.

Lynne said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog http://lynnesletters.com and for entering my book giveaway. Maybe next time :) Laura, who won The Help, seems to be on a lucky streak with book giveaways. I saw on her blog that she won another book recently. If only I could have that kind of luck. LOL!

I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog and everything about it - the layout, the content, your posts, your writing, everything!!

I'll be back for sure :) I'm a Follower.

Honey Mommy said...

I am so not a night owl anymore. My kids wake up before I am ready to be pleasant, so I have to get up earlier than I want to... which means going to bed earlier! I need my sleep!

mannequin said...

Isn't it weird? Mr. Man never picks up a book to leisurely read either. I just do not understand people that do not love turning the pages and getting lost.
Hope the coffee was good! Even bad coffee is good to me.

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Yes, I'm late on commenting and by now you've ordered the cake. (sorry to be late)
I always think of things right when I lay my head down to sleep. I should keep a notebook on my nightstand but I forget to do that too. :)

Kathleen W. said...

I am such a night owl too (though motherhood forces me now to get to bed at the early hour of 11pm). I love snuggling in bed with a book--I can be up into the wee hours. Unfortunately, I married an early bird, so I don't read much in bed anymore, unless I can somehow remember to get batteries for my book light. That's something I too would wake up at 2am, remembering to do.

Auntie E said...

visiting family.