My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 September 2009

Uncaffeinated Thoughts

As a child my all time favourite book was A.A. Milne's Winnie-the Pooh. I still have my copy and trust me, it is old. Already I imagine some of you, my dear readers, are wondering where this is going. I do not blame you. I myself wonder.

This morning, as I poured the boiling water into the French Press, and the wonderful aroma began to waft up from the carafe, I began recalling lines from my beloved childhood book.

Apparently even before coffee I do indeed have at least one functioning brain cell. That one functioning brain cell brought to mind Winnie-the-Pooh (who was also a bear of very little brains) and the following lines between Rabbit and Pooh.

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
~Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A.Milne

That is exactly what happened to me when I began this post! Something happened to it along the way.

Photobucket

9 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Oh how I adore Winnie-the-Pooh (there is a song playing in my head now, can you guess which one?) This was one of my all time favorite books as a child. I too still have mine.
Yes, there are days, much like pooh, I am a bear of very little brains.

Have a good day Jennifer

Mighty M said...

I think many of us can relate. :-) Happy Thursday!

mannequin said...

Pooh was such an effectual intellectual. So much wiser than many that profess wisdom. He's like a little Buddha bear, ya know?

Yes, I know. Something happened to me along the way.

Leslie M. said...

I can't wait to read Winnie the Pooh to my Grand Baby Knitty!

I love French Press!
You write the neatest stuff in mornings!! ;)
Have a Blessed day!
Hugs,
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Leane said...

I love Winnie the Pooh too, so I thought this was great.

Have a wonderful day!

http://my-bloggy-mind.blogspot.com/

Kathleen W. said...

That's a beautiful quote, and also a beautiful image of you enjoying the smell of coffee from the French press (which makes THE best coffee). I wish I could join you for a cup!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Oh my...it happens to me too frequently. I absolutely love Winnie the Pooh and the gang - I always enjoyed it when my kids watched it, and we read it together. I was so sad when they got to old for Pooh bear. (hugs)

Jennifer said...

LOL! Seems that I have the same problem!

Andrea Proulx said...

I love how you tied in Winnie the Pooh with your life and this post. It was perfection and made me smile.