My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

07 September 2009

What Are You Reading Monday?



I am trying a new Meme created by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog saying what books I read last week and what books I plan to read this week.

Last Week I Read:
  • Cross Country by James Patterson- The Dragon Slayer is back! This time he is on an adventure which takes him to Nigeria to catch a Tiger. Patterson branches out in this novel in a direction I found refreshing.
  • BoneMan's Daughter by Ted Dekker - was an intriguing read about redemption and the balance of good and evil. I enjoyed reading this novel, however, I found myself finding several of the characters annoying, which made it difficult to care about them one way or another. All in all it was a good read. I chose to read this one for the R.I.P. IV Challenge.
  • The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen -I enjoy an excellent mystery thriller and this novel did not disappoint. I was unable to put this book down.
  • The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist - This book is not the genre I typically read, but based on other reviews I had to read. There have been similar, potentially better written dystopias as of late. I still found The Unit to be an intriguing, if not disturbing novel and one that wold make a fun book to discuss.
This Week I am hoping to read:
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • The Ice Chorus by Sarah Stonich (this is for a review)
  • Footsteps In the Dark by Georgette Heyer for the R.I.P. IV Challenge
Check back next Monday to see how well, or not so well, I accomplish my reading goals.
Photobucket

29 comments:

Zia said...

I've been hearing about the outlander series and been thinking of checking it out myself. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Teddyree said...

Nice list, I adore the Outlander series, hanging out for Echo in the Bone!
Haven't heard of the Ice Chorus so I'm off to look that one up. Happy reading :-)

Jessica Lawlor said...

Wow! You did really well this past week! Good luck in the upcoming week.

Design it Chic said...

Cute list! You read quite something! Is it you job reviewing books or you do it just for your own entertaining!
Either way..Happy Monday! Oh and you may want to stop by cause i have something cute up and running!

K said...

I have the BoneMan's Daughter on my list as well.

Heard a lot about the Outlander series but i haven't gotten to it yet
Happy Reading

here's mine

Joanne said...

Looking forward to hearing what you think about Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. The Outlander series is my all-time favorite series! I, too, am counting down the days until book #7 is released!

Mishel said...

Great reading week! I've been meaning to read something by Tess Gerritsen, I may just start with the Keepsake.

Also I've heard some mixed reviews on the Unit, I want to read that one.

Hope you have a great week =)

Lexie said...

Oh Outlander...I tried to read that at one time (went as far as buying the complete set to that point) but I just wasn't into it. I guess it wasn't my time period XD

Happy reading!

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

The Outlander series is one of my favorites. Jamie Fraser is one of my all time heroes.
If you haven't read it before, here's my advice: Stick it out! The first time I went to read it though, it took me three tries to get into it. Once she goes back to the 1700s it just moves super fast.

Elise said...

Oh WOW, this is so clever - you have the most gorgeous site here and I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

Tea said...

Hi Jennifer,

You have read some good books. I would love to read Cross Country. I tried "The Unit." It didn't work for me. I'm sure it was my mood. I might, one day, give it another try.

Glad you joined J. Kaye's Monday reading mime.

Elena said...

Of the books you list, the only one I know is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I've got to say I loved it every time I read it.

Good luck with this challenge!

Anna said...

Sounds like a fun list! I might have to check out some of those books. :)

Jill of The O.W.L Blog said...

I love Tess Gerritsen's books, but I don't think I've read that one. Great list!

J. Kaye said...

I went crazy over Dekker's book. Had a huge impact on me and now I am having to recover.

Faye said...

Bone man's daughter looks really good! 4 book read last week, dang :D

Leane said...

You must be an excellent speed reader. I can't believe you can get so many books read in one week's time. I look forward to having time to read real books once my little one is a bit older.

Andrea said...

great list, happy reading!

Allison said...

Ooh! Good luck with OUTLANDER this week. That is one of my ALL TIME favorite books/series EVER!!!

Schatzi said...

Ooh, The Outlander is fun. I just read it for the first time this past winter/early spring, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Mary said...

Great list from last week. Hope this week is just as good!

From A Creative Heart said...

You know I am a huge Ted Dekker fan....But until I get through this Art History class, I may not get to read again!!! LOL

Alissa said...

BoneMan's Daughter is one of those books I have heard mixed things about. It actually makes me intrigued. I might have to grab a copy.

CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) said...

I just finished a YA book about the Orphan Train, and I'm about to start Ordinary Man, the book that Hotel Rwanda is based on.

Book Dragon said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog

Dancing With Ana was a quick read & I enjoyed it very much.

I like your list.

Mighty M said...

Cross Country was GOOD!! I am sadly still working my way through the John Grisham book, but am nearly done. Apparently next my husband wants me to read Relentless by Dean Koontz because he hated the ending and wants to know what I think. Not sure I really want to start a book I might end up hating, but think it looks like "quick" read. For me I think that means less than a month! ;-)

Leslie said...

nice list! happy reading =)

jezebelsk said...

The Unit looks so good! I can't wait to give it a try!

Kristen said...

I'll have to check back tomorrow and see if you tackled Outlander. I loved it and raced through it. Also, I recently read The Unit and thought it was fabulous. I don't generally read in the dystopian fiction genre so can't say if I think others are better or not so I'll have to take your word for it!