My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

14 September 2009

What Are You Reading Monday?



I am trying a new Meme created by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog saying what books I read last week and what books I plan to read this week.

Last Week I Read:
  • The Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin- This is the second of her Mistress of the Art of Death series and I could not put the book down. Masterfully written, I anxiously await reading her 3rd novel of the series.
  • Cross by James Patterson - This one somehow slipped by me and I am glad I caught my miss. Typical Patterson, filled with twists and turns keeping me guessing until the end.
  • The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen -I enjoy an excellent mystery thriller and this novel did not disappoint. I was unable to put this book down.
  • The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren - An extremely delightful read and my review along with other fun blog tour events will be posted on the 25th of September
  • The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik- my review is here.
  • Bo's Cafe by John Lynch, Bill Thrall, and Bruce McNicol. This book will be finished today and a review will be posted on the 29th of September.
Okay, my week completely changed from what I thought I would be doing, so I pushed last week's goals to this week.

This Week I am hoping to read:
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (I really want to read this novel!)
  • The Ice Chorus by Sarah Stonich (this is for a review)
  • Footsteps In the Dark by Georgette Heyer for the R.I.P. IV Challenge
Check back next Monday to see how well, or not so well, I accomplish my reading goals.

Photobucket

32 comments:

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

You've got a great selection of books to read. Outlander really is worth the read it's a fantastic book.

Here's my What are you reading Mondays post.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Good luck!

scrappysue said...

how many pages are these books? that's amazing - it takes me MONTHS to read one book, coz i only read once i get into bed every nite and after 2 paragraphs i fall asleep - hehe...

oh - thanks for stopping by!

Maree said...

Wow, that's a great week.
Happy reading! :)

Teddyree said...

Hope you have a great reading week, thanks for visiting my blog and voting on my poll :-)

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Read on with your bad self. Look at you go with all the books Jennifer.

I know once I get into a "reading" frenzy, hard to stop me from going through my TBR pile.

So many books I need to read from your suggestions and reviews. My TBR pile is growing and growing.

Tea said...

Here is my link.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/09/hex-on-heels-by-linda-wisdom.html

K said...

Wow. 6 good books in a week
Have a great week ahead

Here's my post

Zia said...

I've heard great things about the Outlander series. Have a great reading week!

Kristen said...

You read a lot last week! And I'll push Outlander one more time. LOL!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Wow - I am impressed at all you read and all that you plan to read. I still haven't had a chance to sit down with a good book since last Monday. One of these days I will, and I'll be so proud to tell you here! Good luck with your reading plans!

Andrea said...

Wow you read a lot last week. Good luck and happy reading this week!

Bella said...

Great reading lists. I want to read Outlander, I've heard its awesome.

P.S. I <3 your header!

Natalie W said...

You had a great week! I love Gerritsens books, i don't think I've read that one yet.
Hope you have a great week!

karen! said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Definitely read 'Outlander', once you get into the series you'll want to devour the books.

Lori said...

What a great blog! So glad I found you through What Are You Reading Monday. The Great Christmas Bowl is on my reading list and I'm looking forward to reading your review.

busy91 said...

Well darn, you read more in one week than I do in a month! LOL!
Enjoy Outlander, I read it earlier this year and thought it was really good.

alitareads said...

Wow, you had a great reading week! And it looks like you have another good one coming up. Footsteps in the Dark sounds like a good choice for the RIP challenge - aka too creepy for me to read ;).

Allson said...

WOW! You had a GREAT week! I am so jealous!

Together We Save said...

Wow - what a great book list!!

Leslie said...

man you had an awesome week!!

Mighty M said...

Happy Monday! I just started Relentless by Dean Koontz!

Lula O said...

Sheesh, you read fast! I'm trying to get to Outlander too (I keep reading the end, me bad?) and I'm really looking forward to, you know, actually reading the whole thing?

bookmagic said...

Wow, great week. The Keepsake has been on my tbr list for awhile.

Lisa Anne said...

I'm not reading anything at the moment. Any suggestions?

Pam said...

Looks like a good list. I'm reading Bo's Cafe too.

Kristen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have to admit I've not read any of James Patterson's books, but I keep hearing a lot about them.

Schatzi said...

Wow, impressive list there! I've heard excellent things about the Mistress of the Art of Death series from so many people that I'm going to have to check it out soon.

I really enjoyed the first three Outlander books; it was one of those series that I just tore through one after the other.

Anna said...

Wow, looks like you got a ton of reading done last week!
I think I found my copy of The Historian at Books A Million on sale for about $7. A nice hardback copy too! I was psyched.
Have a great week of reading. :)

Mary said...

Wow, six books last week! GFY : ) Looks like good titles for this week too.

J. Kaye said...

I totally agree about Tess Gerritsen. Awesome writer!

Razlover's Book Blog said...

I agree with James Patterson and Tess Gerritsen! Awesome writers!