My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

20 October 2009

Book Tour and Review: Feelin' the Vibe

Title: Fellin' the Vibe
Author: Candice Dow
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date: September 24, 2009
Paperback: 291
ISBN: 9780446179522
Genre: Urban Fiction/Romance

Photobucket

From the Publisher's Website:

A decade ago, Clark Winston nearly had a nervous breakdown after the man of her dreams, Devin Patterson, left her to marry another woman. Soon after, her best friend, the mother of her niece, died, leaving Clark sole custodian of the 10-year-old. Knowing she had to pull herself together, she sought help at a mental health clinic run by an old college friend, Dr. Kenneth Winston. The attraction was instant, and they proved to be a perfect match. Now 10 years later, the past is behind her and she has a perfect career and family at hand. But then, in the blink of an eye, Devin reappears and a tumultuous affair ensues. Clark will now have to make the most important decision of her life-choose the man who broke her heart or the one who fixed it.

My Review:

Feelin' the Vibe is a sequel to Caught in the Mix, and while I did not read Dow's first novel, I do not believe it would make me change my view of this novel. Feelin' the Vibe is an urban romance novel, written in two voices, Devin and Clark's in alternating chapters. While this style of writing works and definitely allows the reader better insight into each of the character's lives, I was still unable to relate to any of them. I found the characters, at best, to be spoiled and self-centered. Dow did an excellent job both with her characters and her writing style, my lack of feeling for this book stem, not from the authors writing, rather my own prejudices against this genre. Urban romance is one of my least favourite genres, so my feelings will be much different than someone who truly enjoys modern romance. I would recommend those who enjoy urban fiction and urban romance to give the book a try. Look through the numerous links and read other reviews on this tour. As I mentioned above, Dow did an excellent job with her characters, simply because this novel was not what I enjoyed, does not mean others will not find it enjoyable.



About the author:

Candice Dow is a native of Baltimore, Maryland and graduate of the University of Maryland Eastern Shore and Johns Hopkins University. She resides in Maryland with her son and loves to travel. She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Candice is the author of six novels and is currently hard at work on her next.

For more information visit:
I received a free copy of Feelin' the Vibe by Candice Dow from Hachette as part of the tour. Receiving a free copy in no way reflected my review of aforementioned novel.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tea said...

I love your review. Maybe I will win it.

Andrea Proulx said...

The amazon review kind of turns me off from this book, but it's good to hear your honest opinion of it. Thanks for reviewing this and being open about your thoughts.

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

As Always Jennifer thank you for your honesty. Well stated.