My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

04 October 2009

Painting-Quotable Sunday

We have been doing a lot of painting these past few days so the theme of painting came quite naturally.

"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen."
~ Leonardo da Vinci

"Painting is a faith, and it imposes the duty to disregard public opinion."
~ Vincent van Gogh

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."
~ Pablo Picasso

"Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting with the gift of speech."
~ Simonides

"Eloquence is a painting of the thoughts."
~ Blaise Pascal

"Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things."
~ Edgar Degas

"Creativity takes courage."
~ Henri Matisse

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

Photobucket

8 comments:

Alicia said...

great quotes! what a great idea for a sunday post :)

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Good Morning and Happy Sunday Jennifer!

I hope the painting of the house is going well, and thing are closer to back to normal for you.

I loved this quote best:

"Creativity takes courage."
~ Henri Matisse

Sassy Brit said...

Hi Jennifer!

I have written a post with quotes, too. Also you have something nice to pick up on my blog --
for all your hard work with your wonderful site!FOR YOU!

HAPPY WRITING!

Karen said...

Those are some great quotes!

Stopping by from SITS to say hello. You have such a fun blog. I might just have to stay awhile and check it out!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I just started taking a watercolor class, so I really enjoy all of your quotes today!

My fav~

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."
~ Pablo Picasso

LT said...

Love this one:
"Creativity takes courage."
Hope the painting is going well today!!

Becca said...

I really enjoyed these quotes, but the Picasso one especially stood out to me. :)

Jennifer said...

Great quotes (and I'm sure you have a few of your own LOL). I know it will look beautiful when it is all done - I hope we get to see pictures!