My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

22 November 2009

Awesome Author Challenge 2010


The Awesome Author Challenge 2010 is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. Why did I choose this challenge when I am already signed up for several? This challenge requires me to choose authors I have been told great things about, but have yet to read.

The Rules are quite simple to follow.
  • Challenge begins 1 January 2010 and ends 31 December 2010
  • Cross-overs from other challenges are allowed
  • The books to not need to be predetermined and can change throughout the year.
  • The authors can be from any genre, you must have heard great things about them and have not read their works.
  • You must sign up here.
As with most challenges there are several levels of participation.
  • Easy: Choose three authors and read at least one title from each author.
  • Moderate: Choose six authors and read at least one title from each author.
  • Challenging: Choose ten authors and read at least one title from each author.
  • Over-Achieving: Anything over ten authors.
I am going to aim for Over-Achieving, I cannot help myself! The authors I propose to read are (yes I realise I have 11, not 10):
  1. Shilpa Agarwal
  2. Shobhan Bantwal
  3. Yasmine Crowther
  4. Sarah Dunant
  5. Ru Freeman
  6. Diana Gabaldon
  7. Susan Higginbotham
  8. Kathleen Kent
  9. Juhmpa Lahiri
  10. Kathryn Stockett
  11. Jeane Westin

If you think this sounds fun for the new year, check out the official page and join in!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Alyce said...

I see some great authors on your list! Thanks for joining the challenge, and good luck with your reading!

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Diana Gabaldon is one of my favorites! Good luck with this challenge.

GFDesignz said...

I may have to jump over and add this one on to me as well because there are so many authors here lately that are so popular and I have yet to read anything by them.

Jenny Girl said...

This would definitely fit in with my own challenge, since there are several great authors I have never read. I'll have to consider this one also.

MoonNStarMommy said...

This is great!! I think I'm going to do this also!