My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

19 November 2009

South Asian Author Challenge-2010



S. Krishna
is hosting a South Asian Author Challenge which begins 1 January 2010 and ends 31 December 2010. On the challenge page, S. Krishna gives examples of books to choose from as well as an extensive list of authors to choose from as well. Some books I already had in my TBR pile, others I looked up and found interesting, which is how I chose my books. The challenge offers several different options of commitment for this reading challenge and I am opting for the highest level, 10 novels.

The 10 novels I have chosen are:
  1. Saffron Dreams – Shaila Abdullah
  2. Haunting Bombay – Shilpa Agarwal
  3. The Forbidden Daughter – Shobhan Bantwal
  4. The Sari Shop Widow – Shobhan Bantwal
  5. A Disobedient Girl – Ru Freeman
  6. The Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri
  7. A Breath of Fresh Air – Amulya Malladi
  8. Rooftops of Tehran – Mahbod Seraji
  9. The Girl From Foreign – Sadia Shepard
  10. The Space Between Us – Thrity Umrigar
This challenge looks to be a lot of fun and will expose me to many different cultural novels. Anyone can join by visiting the South Asian Author Challenge.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Aimee @ Ain't Yo Mama's Blog said...

I have only read The Namesake from that list (which I LOVED) but I'll make sure to check out a few of those other books, as well!

Great idea!

CeeCee said...

The Space Between Us is excellent!