My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

26 December 2009

I Used to Know That by Caroline Taggart: A Book Review

Title: I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot From School
Author: Caroline Taggart
Publisher: Reader's Digest
Publication Date: March 5, 2009
Hardcover: 175 pages
ISBN: 9780762109951
Genre: Reference/Trivia

Photobucket

About the Book:

Facts from School You Forgot to Remember

Take an entertaining trip back to the classroom with I Used to Know That. Witty, engaging, and fun, this little book will appeal to the student in each of us. A one-of-a-kind collection of hundreds of facts learned long ago, it includes:

* Our Changing World: Test your knowledge of the latest geography.

* Prose and Poetry: From Shakespeare to diphthongs, English class will come alive again here.

* Math and Science: Quotients, phalanges, and protons . . . do these long-forgotten words take you back to high school days?

* History: As Santayana once said so well: "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."


My Review:

I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot In School by Caroline Taggart, is a delightfully witty and educational book filled with facts everyone should know but most likely have forgotten since their schools days. This small book is filled with intriguing facts interspersed with witty repertoire. The book is divided into seven sections; English, Literature, Math, Science, History, Geography, and General Studies. From Basic geometry to the countries and capitals of the world, this book holds information for everyone. Need a refresher on grammar or Einstein's theory of relativity, have you forgotten the master composers or artists, look no further. Caroline Taggart's book is certain to please the hardest to shop for and will provide hours of fun and educational information as well as fun trivia for all ages.

About the Author:
Caroline Taggart has been an editor of non-fiction books for nearly 30 years and has covered nearly every subject from natural history and business to gardening and astronomy. She has written several books and was the editor of Writer’s Market UK 2009.

I would live to thank FSB Media for supplying me with a copy of this book. My review was in no part influenced by my receiving a free review copy.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Nick @ Lions and Men said...

I just saw this book in the store, and thought about picking it up. I may, based on your review!

Farrah from The Book Faery Reviews said...

Looks like a good one that I'm going to need to get a hold of.

I can't believe we're wrapping up 2009 so quickly!! 2010 will definitely be a better year though. :-)

Jenny Girl said...

Sounds like a cute little book! I know I have forgotten some important things over the years.