My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

01 December 2009

Pearl Girls - Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This excerpt is taken from Kristin Billerbeck's, "I Just Don't Fit In" essay:

"Cliques are a part of our culture, whether we are in junior high school or the upper echelons of Manhattan society. Human Society is a fickle thing."

~Page 104 Pearl Girls: Encountering Grit, Experiencing Grace, compiled by Margaret McSweeney

What are you reading?

Photobucket

26 comments:

Heather said...

What a true statement! Cliques are as alive in boardrooms and message boards as they are in any school hallway.

Thanks for visiting my teaser!

Marg said...

Very true. Human society is a fickle thing!

My teaser is here

Amy said...

That's a great teaser! Fickle indeed. :-)

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the book so I can't tell whether this is fiction or non-fiction. Sounds rather true.

Nise' said...

A need for all women to fit in. Good tease.

wendy elizabeth said...

your teaer is so true as a Mum to two girls I feel their pain everytime their fickle society does a backflip and they find they're not in Kansas any more.

Sun Singer said...

That's a good teaser and a cool quote. I'm not familiar with this book; so it's out to Amazon to find out more.

Malcolm

fleurfisher said...

Now that is horrible true. An excellent choice of teaser!

Lorielle said...

This looks like an interesting teaser. :) Mine are posted here!

Allison said...

That is so true! Cliques are in everything!

Alayne said...

Nice teaser. I love how you made your blog header appropriate for the holidays. I wonder if I can manage that on mine. Here's Here's mine!

Andrea said...

That is very true.
Great teaser!

Here's mine.

CeeCee said...

So true. So true.

Kerri said...

From "The Cure" by Geeta Anand
p. 87

"The next morning, as John left for work at 6:45, he reminded Aileen to call the nursing agency to complain about the drunken nurse and ask for a replacement."

Stopping by from SITS!
Kerri
www.sickofmg.blogspot.com

gautami tripathy said...

So very true..

Teaser Tuesdays: Judah's Lion

fredamans said...

Too true!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday.html

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Now that is painfully true, isn't it?

My teaser:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/12/teasing-our-way-into-this-new-week-and.html

Beth said...

How very, very true! Here is my teaser for this week.

Lisa said...

Good teaser, and oh so true! I have always said the the front lawn of any child's elementary school (with all of the parents waiting) is like junior high, or a microcosm of our society! LOL!

Here's mine in case you are interested:

www.bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday.html

Nikki @ Bookizzle said...

Truer words have never been spoken!

My TT!

Together We Save said...

Great teaser... love this.

misadventuresofmoppet said...

Absolutely true, and a great teaser.

alitareads said...

It's true, it is. Great teaser!

Here's my Teaser.

MarceJ said...

You got my attention, makes me want to know what this book is all about.

Kim said...

So true, so true -- I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond, than a small fish in a big pond.

Here's to Skipping Christmas:
http://zqueenbees.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesdays.html

Abi said...

So true. Nice teaser. I've heard of this book.

Here's my teaser
http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday-dec-1-2009.html