My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

08 December 2009

Possibility-Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"I once read that being a mother is analogous to the moments in open-heart surgery when the patient's blood circulates outside his body. From the moment Maya arrived, my world shrank to the small parameters of my daughter's body."

~Page 125 The Possibility of Everything, by Hope Edelman

What are you reading?

Photobucket

23 comments:

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

Your teaser is so true. I remember finding it so strange that my total obsession was now with the intake and outgo of substances into one very tiny body.

gautami tripathy said...

Like that teaser!

Teaser Tuesdays: The Scottish Whistle by Cindy Vallar

CeeCee said...

So true. So true. Have a great Tuesday.

Abi said...

Good teaser.

Blessed Holidays

Mine is here
http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday-dec-8-2009.html

Andrea said...

So sweet and so true. Perfect teaser for me on my son's 3rd birthday :)
Great teaser!
Here's mine.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been seeing this one lately...sounds like something I'd like!

Mine is here:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesdays.html

Book Bird Dog said...

Nice teaser. How true.

Bluestocking said...

This is so true from what I've been told. Here is mine

Six Feet Under Blog said...

Love your reviews! I hope to have you review my book when it is finished.

bluecottonmemory said...

"Remove to hot platter, make gravy of drippings. TO serve, cut in wedge shaped pieces so each person has a share of topping." - The Cabbage Patch Cook Book!

What a fun teaser! You might like my knitting post of the sock scarf:
http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/ode-to-the-sock-scarf-how-like-a-14-year-old-you-are-or-the-sock-scarf-prayer/

ModernMom said...

Oh that sounds like a good read....seems like I have read nothing but notices about secret Santa gifts for the kids classes and blogs lately!!

lovely blog:)

fredamans said...

Being a Mother I get that!!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday_08.html

sumanam said...

Very authentic, love it.
Here is mine:http://sumanam.wordpress.com/

Alayne said...

Very lovely. Here's my teaser.

alitareads said...

This sounds like a really good book! I'm looking forward to your review of it.

Here's my Teaser.

JoAnn said...

I think that is quite true... great teaser!

Tena said...

so true, so true!
Great teaser

jlshall said...

Not being a mom, I can't say for sure - but I think that's probably very true. And very scary. Great teaser!

Jess - A Book Hoarder said...

Since I don't have any kids I'll have to take her word for this but it makes me really appreciate my mom. Great teaser.

reviewsbylola said...

Very interesting--great teaser!

Kim said...

I can't imagine growing old without having had children. Grandchildren are even better!

For some Christmas fun check out my teaser:
http://zqueenbees.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesdays_08.html
and enjoy the music.

Melody said...

Great teaser! Very true!

Yvonne said...

Excellent teaser!