My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

30 January 2010

Book Review of Prime-Time Health by William Sears, MD and Martha Sears, RN


Title: Prime-Time Health
Author: William Sears, MD with Martha Sears, RN
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Publication Date: January 6, 2010
Hardcover: 464 Pages
ISBN: 9780316035415
Genre: Health and Wellness

Photobucket

About the Book:

Twelve years ago, renowned physician and author Dr. William Sears was diagnosed with cancer. He, like so many people, wanted-and needed-to take control of his health. Dr. Sears created a comprehensive, science based, head-to-toe program for living a long, fit life-and it worked. Now at the peak of health, Dr. Sears shares his program in PRIME-TIME HEALTH. This engaging and deeply informative book will motivate readers to make crucial behavior and lifestyle changes. Dr. Sears explores how to keep each body system healthy and delay those usual age-related changes.

My Review:

Seventeen years ago my son was born and I turned to Dr. William Sears' parenting books to help me learn what to do to keep my baby safe, healthy and happy. Today I am pleased to say I am once again turning to Dr. Sears for advise, this time on how I can stay healthy and fit. There is a dizzying array of health and fitness books on the market, most are fads, sorry to say, yet true. I have been searching for a book that would talk to me, explain to me how my muscles and organs work and rely on the health of each other to keep my body functioning as well as staying healthy. Furthermore I wanted sound scientific backing, not the fad of the week. Prime-Time Health is everything I have been looking for and more offering the backing of not only a lifetime of medical experience but also a 12-year study. Dr. Sears along with his wife Martha Sears have put together a solid book on how adults can take better care of themselves. What the reader will not find in this book, thank you Dr. Sears, is any sort of quick weight loss plan. Prime -Time Health goes into great detail covering all aspects of the adult body as well as offering reasonable and sensible tips and suggestions for everyday living. The final chapter is for the reader to use a as template to customize a personal health plan based on the reader's needs, rather than some generic plan, this book gives the reader all the facts and lets the reader go back and focus on what is relevant to the reader. I cannot praise this book highly enough. From the common sense advise such as eat more often to details of how the human body works, Prime-Time Health is a must have book for anyone truly serious about being healthy and fit for life.

About the Authors:

William Sears, MD, has practiced pediatrics for more than 30 years, and is an associate clinical professor at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. Martha Sears is a registered nurse, childbirth educator, and parenting and health consultant. They are the authors of more than 30 books and live in southern California.

For more information, please visit AskDrSears.com

I received a free copy of Prime-Time Health by William Sears, MDfrom Hachette as part of the tour. Receiving a free copy in no way reflected my review of aforementioned novel.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

This is my first time to your blog. It looks very nice! Thanks for sharing a review of Prime Time Health. I'll have to check out some more of your book reviews.

Dawn Maria said...

I have always loved Dr. Sears. My son is just about 17, so I imagine we were both reading The Baby Book at the same time. He's always given great health advice.

Great post!

Becky said...

Hi Jennifer,
I have an award for you here
http://pageturnersbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/blogger-buggie-award.html

RainSplats said...

grats on your award

Petite Little Bee said...

Hi: Just visiting from SITS. Love your blog and your pictures are great. Your review is great. Thanks for sharing with us. Will be back soon for more... Cheers, Lia

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Great review! I have some of his books. Stopping by from SITS!