My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

21 January 2010

Booking Through Thursday, 21 January

Today's question: Who’s your favorite author that other people are NOT reading? The one you want to evangelize for, the one you would run popularity campaigns for? The author that, so far as you’re concerned, everyone should be reading–but that nobody seems to have heard of. You know, not JK Rowling, not Jane Austen, not Hemingway–everybody’s heard of them. The author that you think should be that famous and can’t understand why they’re not…?

This is indeed and excellent question and has made me realise I cannot wait to learn of new authors I probably should be reading but have not.

I am ashamed to admit that I do not think I can answer this question, at least not well. I am well versed in the classics and the authors I have read up to date are usually rather well known. One of my all time favourite authors is P.G. Wodehouse, quite famous, yet I do not recall seeing any of his book titles or his name about. If you have not heard of P.G. Wodehouse, I highly recommend all of his novels.

Anyone can play along each Thursday with Booking Through Thursday.

Photobucket

21 comments:

Nise' said...

I have heard of P.G. Wodehouse, but have not read any of his books.

Susan B. Evans said...

I love Wodehouse :) My favorite relatively unknown author is Brian S. Matthews. Here's my full response.

Alayne said...

I'll have to look into Wodehouse. My author is at The Crowded Leaf.

Mash1195 said...

I have never heard of this author but am going to do a little research to see if I would enjoy reading his book. BTW you have a lovely blog.
CMashLovesToRead

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I tend to stick with authors people has heard about too. Stopping by from SITS!

carolsnotebook said...

I'm actually listening to one of Wodehouse's stories right now.

Amy said...

I've heard the name but not read any books. Maybe it's time!

Alison said...

I love Wodehouse, especially anything having to do with Jeeves. :) I would agree that not enough people read his work anymore!

Marie said...

I love Wodehouse too and I hope you get him a few new fans with this post! :-)

Michelle said...

Wodehouse is one of those authors that I always mean to read, but never do...

pussreboots said...

I love his books and read through most of them in high school. I haven't reviewed any of his books on my book blog but maybe I will some day.

MissMeliss said...

I ADORE Wodehouse...I think the reason he's not popular right now is that he's sort of a retro author...but the stories are all so compelling.

Also, thanks for visiting Bibliotica earlier today. I'm blogrolling you. Hope that's okay?

Vicki said...

I've never read any P.G. Wodehouse books. I'll check them out and see if I'd like to read any of them!

jlshall said...

I've always enjoyed Wodehouse, too. I think he went through a sort of rediscovery back in the '80s or '90s when PBS was showing the Fry and Laurie versions of the Jeeves-Wooster stories. But you're right - he seems to have disappeared at the moment. Too bad because he was a wonderful humorist.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I've long seen Wodehouse's name, but haven't read any. In fact, I'm sort of ashamed to admit this, but I'd always thought he was a she!

Thanks for stopping in. And yes, do come back for more book talk!

Ted said...

I have certainly heard of him and his characters, but have somehow never read him. Must add him to the list.

Novroz said...

I haven't heard of him...I'll be sure to check him out :)

Acting Balanced Mom said...

Stopping by from SITS... I have so many fave authors its hard to pick... I love Lisa See, particularly Snow Flower and the Secret Fan... but she's pretty well known; The Professor's Wives Club by Joanne Rendall was fab too! I'm also a big romance fan... so I love Liz Carlyle and Mary Balogh

megmichelle said...

I tend to stick to authors a lot of people have heard. I love Nicholas Sparks. But he's pretty famous.

Stopping by from SITS!

Sarah Nicole said...

I love Sophie Kinsella but she is pretty popular. I am all about discovering new authors though!

Stopping by from SITS!

Becky said...

I will definitely add him to my list of authors to keep in mind when im at the bookshop!