My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

27 February 2010

Rosella: 1918-2010




Our dear friend, surrogate mother and grandmother passed away this morning around 10am EST. She fought valiantly and lived a well-loved and long life, just shy of her 92nd birthday. Oddly, in thinking of Rosella, I had a difficult time finding an adequate picture, how does one sum up a person with just a photo? Her favourite flowers were red tulips and were the last flowers she saw on this earth, hence the photo I settled upon. Rosella stood at a proud 4'8 and she loved her morning coffee (a woman after my heart) and fully embraced life with a love like none I have ever seen before. She not only enjoyed flowers, she had a knack for being able to grow anything and everything, her patio was always a sea of colours and fragrant smells. She loved all animals and it was rather normal for wild birds to land near her and eat out of her hands. I must not forgot to add, she was a rather passionate hockey fan, she rarely missed a game and throughout her many years got to know many of the local hockey players, as I mentioned, one could not help but love this woman. Never a more gentle woman had graced this earth and I do not believe I will, in my lifetime, meet another woman quite like Rosella. There was not a time she was without a Rosary, she prayed like I read, which is often and with fervour. My family and I were blessed to know this kind woman and we take solace that she is now with her husband and daughter. We will miss seeing her smile every morning yet are comforted knowing she is home and at peace.

Photobucket

22 comments:

Christina T said...

I'm sorry that you've lost someone so special to you. Rosella sounds like she was quite a woman. Your post was a very touching tribute to her.

Pricilla said...

I am sorry you have lost your friend. But take comfort in the fact that she is now at peace.
Trite, I know but oh so true.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I know you'll miss Rosella dearly. I hope her family and friends find comfort and peace knowing she is at peace.

Cherylann said...

It is always difficult to lose someone who has captured a part of your heart.


“Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest”

Mash1195 said...

My deepest sympathy. I hope that you find comfort in all your fond memories of your dear friend.
CMashLovesToRead

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

So sorry for your loss. I know how special Rosella was to you. ((hugs))

CelticLady said...

She sounded like a lovely lady, remember the good times and when you see a red tulip know that she is thinking of you also...

Mary said...

Offering my deepest sympathy to you and all touched by Rosella.

Kristina Petrella said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that God would truly comfort you.

gina said...

what a wonderful tribute to someone who was obviously so important to you. i am so sorry for your loss.

Kathleen said...

She sounds like a wonderful woman, and I hope you find comfort in the memories you have of her.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

I am so sorry. It is still hard to lose someone so dear, even if it is expected. She sounds like an extraordinary woman, and I know she brought so much to your life - I remember you mentioning her so often. You were so good to her too, and I know she enjoyed the treats you brought to her, and your visits.

May she rest in peace...and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

Naomi said...

She was lucky to have such a good friend in you.

hcmurdoch said...

oh that we can all have a portion of the impact on others that Rosella seems to have had on you and your family. Our thoughts are with you

Kathy Sprinkle said...

What a lovely tribute. I am sorry for your loss yet happy for Rosella's life well lived. It was an honor to get to know her through your words.

Blog hopping because my sweetie is away tonight. I've enjoyed my stop here. Thank you for an inviting blog!!
Kathy over at Everyday Bliss
http://blisspot.blogspot.com/

dArLyN said...

i am so sorry to hear you lost someone so dear jennifer..

Michelle said...

So sorry about Rosella, Jennifer. As you know, I've been following you on this harrowing journey through Twitter.

She sounds like a wonderful woman whose presence will surely be missed. It is a blessing, though, that you were able to be there with her at the end. That's important.

Sending good thoughts and hugs to you and yours!

From A Creative Heart said...

Hey friend...I will be talking with you soon.
Hugs to you and your family....I know this has been tough on all of you!!!
HUGS...

Melody said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jennifer! That's a lovely tribute to Rosella.

rubynreba said...

You have my sympathy. You were blessed to have her as a friend and she was truly lucky to have you too.

~dawn said...

Remember she will never be far away as long as she is in your hearts.

Stopping by from SITS...

The1stdaughter said...

Jennifer, I'm so sorry! I was away this week and I have come back to see this.

It sounds like things went quietly and she was able to rest and be at peace in her own home. I wish you peace as well and hope that you will be able to find joy in your memories of her (although, I know they won't replace her). I wish you the best and you will continue to be in my prayers.