My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

14 February 2010

This In Not How I Planned to Spend Valentine's Day!


For those of you who have been following my life this past week, thank you. Our dear friend, neighbour, and surrogate grandmother to my boys has been pulled off all forms of life support and the prayer now is that hospice will work swiftly and bring her home to pass away. I do not know what is in store for me in the coming days. If our sweet neighbour holds on and comes home, I will be there to help care for her until the very end. My heart is breaking for her and her family. My husband, our sons, and myself are getting ready to head to hospital to say our goodbyes. Should she be allowed her wish to die at home, we will be with her and I will be adding in her care. My only request is for prayers and good thoughts for the family and for a peaceful passing for Rosella, when the time comes. My many thanks to all my faithful readers. I do apologise for not making bloggy rounds as I should. I have not forgotten any of you.

As I keep saying over and over on my blog, life is too short and too precious. Do not waste it worrying about looks, size (oh I am so weary of hearing "...if I could lose x amount of pounds, then I will..."). Live now! Do not worry about what you do not have. Look inward at what you do have! Hold those you love close to you. Tell them you love them, ring them up, send a card, do whatever is necessary, now! Do not wait until it is too late!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Aths said...

Sending condolences to your you and your family! My heart goes out to your neighbor. Sending you hugs to get through this difficult time.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

I am so, so sorry to hear about your neighbor. I know how very special she is to you, and I have a feeling you are quite special to her as well.

Your family and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Big, gentle hugs to you...

Sky said...

Keeping all of you in my thoughts Knitty!!

You said it perfectly. Live for today.

**HUGS**

Whimsical Creations said...

Hugs!!

Diane said...

Jen...our thoughts are you and yours for your neighbor. I know what you mean about "life is precious", as my brother lost his one year battle with cancer in November, and we miss him so very much.

Allie ~ Hist-Fic Chick said...

Keeping your friend and neighbor in my thoughts today! Hope she pulls through.

(The) Ladybug Lounge formerly Msslaydbug said...

I'm keeping you, your family and the neighbor in my prayers. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this :o( ((((HUGS))))

Mighty M said...

Thinking of you and yours during this difficult time. Sounds like she is such a great lady and you are such a good neighbor and friend to her.

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

I am praying for peace for your neighbor. and for you and your family.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Jennifer, your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with your wonderful neighbor, you, and your family.

Suzanne said...

I am so sorry! I will keep you and your neighbor in my prayers!

CelticLady said...

Very well said. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family and family of Rosella...

Acting Balanced Mom said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbour - I hope she passes quickly and painlessly. Your words were moving.

Kathleen said...

My thoughts are with your dear friend, and your family. You are so right about life being too short to not enjoy the moments with our loved ones--that's what's important.

MOMMY-MOMO said...

Im sooo sorry to hear this! THoughts and prayers your way :(

hcmurdoch said...

I hope you and your family are doing as well as you can with all of this! We're thinking of you.