My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

05 March 2010

Book Review: Jordan by Susan Kearney


Title: Jordan
Author: Susan Kearney
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: March 1, 2010
Paperback: 416 pages
ISBN: 9780446543330
Genre: Fiction/Sci-Fi/Romance

From the Publisher:

A DANGEROUS MISSION
Vivianne Blackstone devotes herself to her career, putting her love life on hold. Her latest project is a spaceship designed to protect Earth from the deadly Tribes. But its engineer, the alluring Jordan McArthur, now threatens both her job and her wary heart . . .
AN UNDENIABLE DESIRE
Jordan's past goes back to King Arthur, and he must find the ancient artifact that can save the galaxy. Vivianne's ship is his best hope, but convincing the fiercely independent beauty won't be easy. Especially when the passion flaring between them burns through their defenses - and love is the last thing they need to survive.


My Review:

I do not truly have a review seeing how I did not get past page 13. The blame lies with me. I failed to read the description proved by the publisher (see above). I may have been able to tolerate a science-fiction/romance blend, but the romance by page 11 was already far more descriptive than I care for. Therefore I abandoned the novel. I shall not be rating the novel considering it is my fault for not caring at all for the mixed genres. I would imagine this novel would appeal to the numerous romance fans out there who enjoy a good steamy romance novel filled with suspense and tension.

About the Author:

USA TODAY bestselling author Susan Kearney is a native of New Jersey and has a Business Degree from the University of Michigan. Her fifty plus books include contemporary, romantic suspense, historical, futuristic, science fiction and paranormal novels. She resides in a suburb of Tampa-with her husband, kids, Boston terriers and iguana. Currently she's plotting her way through her 52st work of fiction. You can reach her through her web site.



I received a complimentary copy of Jordan by Susan Kearney from Hachette as part of the tour. Receiving a free copy in no way reflected my review of aforementioned novel.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan Kearney said...

Hi Jennifer,
I have to commend you for saying what you did about Jordan!! We all have different tastes and while I'm sorry you didn't like it, I really appreciate that you said this book is not for you and recognized it's not written at your taste level. I write spicy hot sex and understand it's not for everyone.

Thanks for being so fair. Too often reviewers don't understand that a book can be good--but simply not their taste. It's rare for a reviewer to say so and I really thank you for being so fair.