My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

25 March 2010

Ramblings From A Migraine Addled Mind


My faithful readers know that I live in chronic pain. Have no fear this in not a post where I whinge about pain. For those new to my rambling posts, I have a very rare form of migraines (only 1% have this type) in addition I have lived through 2 known strokes and several TIAs. My pain usually stays at a faithful 4-5 on the pain scale of 1-10, with my current daily medications. Right now I am at about an 8 out of 10, when if/when it hits a 9 I cave and head to the doctor. Since I am hovering at a pain level of 8 and hoping against hope this additional medication will work (I do try to keep an open mind, granted it is a mind that does not function properly, hence the pain) I decide to blog.
I highly doubt anything I have to write about that is earth; nonetheless, these are the thoughts going through my brain as I wait for the medicine to hit my bloodstream.

What if I passed this genetic fluke to one or more of my sons?

Why are all the colleges my son is looking at between $40,000 and $50,000 a year? My husband is a professor and I can promise all of my readers that he does not bring home a large paycheck. College tuition does not go to the professors no matter what the brochures might say.

Is it possible to eat too many cucumbers? I have given this serious thought and fear looking up the answer. I do so like munching on cucumbers.

To counteract my binging on cucumbers, my DH has taken pity on me and is making peanut butter cookies. What? There is protein in them!

I just received a text stating it is supposed to snow in the valley. Imagine my shock as it has been in the 60s for days now. What has changed?

My husband is replacing the old fencing and then claims he will paint and seal it. Today is the 26th of March. Would any one care to wager on when the fence will be completed? I am not implying my husband is lazy, quite the contrary. He just is not a DIY kind of guy, more the absent professor type and I love him for it. DH, if you are reading this, I really would like the fence up by summer.

Have you read any of my reviews recently? I have been fortunate enough to review some fantastic books from a wide variety of genres.

Speaking of reading, I really need the pain level to lower so I can continue reading; I have some fabulous novels lined up. I am always open to suggestions, if you have read a great book or know of one, leave me a comment or email me.

Finally, why do all of my children (they are teens, but I see them as children) arrive home grouchy? Occasionally I can understand, but today they are arriving to warm peanut butter cookies, which considering they were out running in the rain or working on building a set for the musical, they should be happy.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I would've loved to come home to warm peanut butter cookies when I was in high school! Of course, I usually didn't get home until 7 or 8 at night because of all after-school activities, but that's beside the point...

I read somewhere that taking a daily dose of fish oil can help decrease the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines. Maybe worth a try?

My father-in-law also suffers from frequent severe migraines, so I empathize with what you're going through. I'm just amazed that you're coherent enough through the pain to post!

CelticLady said...

I have to sympathize with you as far as the pain. I also suffer ,but not from migraines. I have chronic pain from a degenerative joint disease and fibromyalga. My pain level day to day is usually between 9-12, on a 1-10 point scale that is high. I am now considered disabled... as far as the grouchy kids, yikes, do I remember those and I have 3 girls and a boy, now adults but every lastg one would be grouchy at the same time....

Your fence. Well if your husband is like mine it may be awhile.If I want something done I start asking a few weeks ahead of time....hope your pain eases...

alitareads said...

I still arrive home grumpy. Poor hubby. I don't know why, but it's happened for years. And I love coming home. I blame having to deal with other commuters for the 45-60 minutes it takes to get home ;)

Enjoy your peanut butter cookies! Just thinking about them makes my mouth water.

Jenny Girl said...

Oh Pumpkin! Sorry to read today is a bad day. I love peanut butter cookies.
I have no idea why colleges are so expensive and my sympathies are with you. Why are people being priced out?
My bet on the fence is May.
Hang in there and rest your head.

Jeanne C. said...

Hope you feel better soon. Close your eyes and rest!

Naomi said...

I hope the pain subsides soon. And that you find out about the cucumber conundrum.