My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

21 March 2010

A Simple Sentence


My neighbours are moving. Such a simple sentence yet one filled with so many emotions. Usually one is happy when one moves. Usually a move is done because one chooses to, but not in this case. I may have mentioned once or twice that I am a private person, however today I have decided to share a bit of what is going on in my life. Should my neighbours' sisters happen upon my blog and read this post, all the better, yet I do not think it would make a bit of difference to them. At this point, I would assume most of you are wondering what I am rambling on about. My neighbours, the ones we do everything with, the ones my sons think of as their uncles, I view as brothers, my husband's best friends, are being forced to move. The house they currently live in was purchased by one of the sisters for their mother to live in and with her mother, her brother and TW moved in. For five years they cared for that sweet woman, paid all the bills, property taxes, insurance, etc., and yet, now that the mother has died (buried for only two weeks now) the sister is evicting her brother and TW. As despicable as it sounds, it gets far worse; for it is not for money she is doing this. For the past 5 years, the brother and TW cared for the mother around the clock, never leaving her. The compensation they get for being such a devoted son and friend? Eviction. The two sisters put their heads together and decided to buy the guys a trailer in some trailer park far from here. Why a trailer? Easy. One can be purchased immediately, which is vital since they want them out of the house as soon as possible. Still doubt the love these two sisters have in their hearts? As I type this there are rows of cars parked outside. Most are relatives who never stopped to see that dear sweet woman while she was alive, yet they have time to tear through her belongings. The guys wanted time to grieve, to keep her room intact and to continue renting the house. A rather normal request since it is what they have done all along, however, the answer is a resounding no. The sister, backed by her husband and the other sister believe money can be made selling the house. Sure, it is possible, it is a lovely home, but at what cost to those they are hurting? I would like to point out that I am not opposed to trailer parks, so please do not send me hate mail. I am opposed to forcing people to live where they do not want to live. The guys wanted to buy a small condo or rent an apartment, but either of those choices take time and the sisters do not want to give them time. I am furious because they have absolutely no say in where they are to live. The brother is on disability and due for another back surgery. He was told he could stay in the house while he recovered and I would be able to help. Now that is an impossibility. They will be in a place I have never even heard of, far enough away from anyone who ever cared about them or that they ever cared about and that really is the point. The two older sisters want them tucked away, out of site out of mind and I am helpless. I have tried to argue that little to no money would be saved and then it dawned on me that money was never the point. Getting rid of these two kind, caring, compassionate men was the point. This was a plan put into motion before our families ever met and I am filled with so many emotions, and not one of them good. I had hoped blogging about my feeling would be therapeutic and in time it may be, or merely a record of an extremely painful period for my family and myself. The twins are at a loss for words, we spent every day with these guys. We have never lived near family and so we "adopted" them or they us, no one recalls exactly how it happened. Now, once again, we will be without family.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Felicia said...

I feel your pain. I live away from family and have recently dealt with death in my family, my granddaddy.

There are few words of comfort to say. We often say in my family that they will get what's coming to them. It's hard to think of family that way. The deceased would not want them behaving in such a manner.

Hope you don't mind the comment. I follow your blog and on twitter as well.

Whimsical Creations said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. Just heartbreaking how people can be so callas.

Mighty M said...

Oh, that is awful. The pain of losing a mom followed by the pain of being abandoned and tossed aside. For money. I hate it, they sound like people who are completely devoid of compassion. My heart goes out to them and to you and yours. :(

From A Creative Heart said...

Oh Jen.....I know how special these two have been in your family's lives....and I am so sorry that this has happened.
Sending hugs your way!!!!

Alyce said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. It's got to be incredibly frustrating (for you and the guys) to feel powerless to do anything. I hope that in the long term things turn out better.

Naomi said...

People are unbelievably cruel sometimes. I hope that they change their minds.

hcmurdoch said...

We hear about cruelty every day, but when it hits so close to home it just rips our hearts. I feel for you and your neighbors/friends. One wonders what the sister is getting from all this and what is driving her to behave this way. Guilt? Whatever the cause, our thoughts are with all of you.

Michelle said...

Wow, Jennifer, I'm so sorry. The sisters are just adding insult to injury after the mother's death.

I hope you are all able to stay in touch. It'll be tough with them living farther away, but it's the contact that counts, not the proximity. :)

Sarah said...

I hate to be crude, but what B*tches! That is just awful! Living your life for greed is horrible. I hope everything gets worked out.

kaye said...

sad :(