My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

14 March 2010

The Sunday Salon 14 March


The Sunday Salon.com

It seems like just yesterday I was trying to decide which college suited me best and now I find myself helping my oldest son on his college search. How did the decades pass me without my knowing? I keep saying it, yet it is the truth, life is too short. Enjoy the moment you are in, do not worry about the past, leave it behind where it belongs. While you are at it, stop fretting about the future, doing so robs you of the joys of the moment, I learned that one the difficult way.

If anyone has any suggestions for small colleges/universities in the Midwest/East (IN, OH, MI, PA, NY, VA), I would be interested in learning about them, since I did not grow up in this area.

This past week twelve reviews went up:

Today I am planning to read:
  • Captivity by Deborah Noyes
  • An Unfinished Score by Elise Blackwell
Happy Reading and please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

All are welcome to join The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

It's amazing how time flies by isn't it! Good luck with the college search! My college knowledge is on the east coast, so I can't offer you advice, but I can't wait to see what you all finally decide! Such an exciting time!

What a busy week of reviews! And a great selection of books too! Thanks for sharing the links too! I've been so busy this week I haven't had a chance to stop by and now I can catch up!

Have a great week!

Eva Gallant said...

Time does pass way too quickly! My younger son is looking at colleges for his step-daughter! If you don't think that makes me feel old!
Wow! How do you find time to do all that reading??

Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll return the visit!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I did this too recently when our youngest went to college. Most of my friends still have kids at home so it is weird to be empty nesters (our oldest chose the Navy)

Wow - 12 reviews! I have Eat The Cookie pulled off the shelf to hopefully review this week. :)

Carin said...

I highly recommend The Insider's Guide to the Colleges but the students at Yale. For college recs, check out Kenyon College, Denison University, Dicksonson College, Gettysburg College, Grinnell College (Iowa but still in the 'hood), and College of Wooster. Also, why do they all need to be in that area? My sibs and I all went to progressively further away colleges (mine was closest as I'm older - only 450 miles away.) I think it was very beneficial with making us all independent and allowing us the confidence to move where we needed to after college for our careers. That's a very college-rich area you're in though!

Jennifer said...

Carin,

Four of the colleges you listed are on my son's top 5 list. :) We are limiting the are due to the expense of getting are son to and from school during breaks, etc. We did not feel too badly about limiting the distance to a reasonable driving distance due to our proximity to several states and numerous colleges and university.

Jennifer

MissQ said...

Hi Jennifer,

Wow. I just went through the high school process with my son and that was bad enough - can't imagine college! eek! I grew up in Western PA and went to school in Eastern. The schools from Carin are all excellent choices...I would add Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. and Westminster College in New Wilmington PA. Grove City College migh be too small but could be worth a look as I think it's reasonably priced. Good luck!