My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

01 April 2010

Booking Through Thursday - Learning to Read


Do you remember learning to read? What’s your earliest reading memory?

Sadly I do not recall learning to read I just recall doing it as easily as one draws breath. I know I was reading quite well by the time I was three. My earliest memory, or the one that stands out the clearest was being taken to the Public Library when I was not yet in school. I recall enjoying being in the library and wishing I had a library card. So while I do not retain the memory of first learning to read, some of my fondest moments as a child where at libraries.

Anyone can play along each Thursday with Booking Through Thursday.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Lori said...

The first thing I remember about beginning to first read was Mr M shopping in the grocery store. I went with the fool BTT. I figured it would be more fun. Here's mine.

Lisa said...

Here's mine

Adrienne said...

I don't remember learning but I remember it was before I was in Kindergarten my mother was a big reader and we did not watch TV so I learned to read soon

pussreboots said...

The only thing I remember about learning how to read was being fascinated by the fact that o'clock meant "of the clock." My BTT is here.

Lizzie said...

I don't ever remember not being able to read. I remember my Mom reading to me in bed by candlelight during a storm once. I do remember, cause it still makes me mad, that when I was in first grade, they took away the Robin Hood book I was reading and made me read Dick and Jane.

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

I remember feeling so peaceful on the days we had "media center" in grade school. Pretty much the same way I feel now when I am tucked away in some corner of Barnes & Noble or the library.

Books are my love :)

mama of 4 said...

Stopping by from SITS!
Wonderful post! I also can't remember learning to read, But I have always LOVED books. As a preteen and teenager I spent hours at the library instead of the mall LOL. I am glad that I have been able to give my kids that same love of reading!